Hangouts (Scammer list?)

Kenny913

Posted

I want to know is hangouts safe to use I thought that they can find all you information track your calls and so on?Is there a hangouts scammer list or anyone know how to track a scammer on hangouts?

Posted

I have used hangouts many times. Its owned by google so who knows but i have never had an issue. You do get a lot of scammers on there though, hangouts scammer list is loooooong. Dunno how to track a scammer on hangouts though.

Posted

Hangouts as a platform is safe (although it's now being phased out in favour of Meet) 

However, because all you really need to use it as an email address which are easy to create anonymously, it's popular with scammers as it's difficult to trace/block

I used to use what was Hangouts in an old job as an internal message system (my current job uses Teams for the same purpose) and did use Meet for a call with a Domme friend the other week (but, we both know each other is real and who we say we are)

Generally, while it's a safe platform obviously it's popular with scammers because it's less traceable. I don't know how to trace a scammer on hangouts.   Usually someone trying to take you there 'to chat' is a likely needed added to a hangouts scammer list.

Posted

Hangouts is not really good if you are worried about security and privacy. As for tracking calls ? They need a valid reason to do it and need a warrant too. If you want to use a safe and secure message app, Wickr is one and telegram too.
Don’t give bank or card details to anyone not even your real name

Posted

NO EVERYONE ON HERE TELLING YOU TO USE HANGOUTS IS A FAKE ALL THE WOMEN THAT HAVE TOLD ME TO HANGOUTS MESSAGE THEM HAVE BEEN FAKE *** SCAMMERS PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE TIME.
ANYONE SAYING USE IT IS FAKE BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN TRICKED OVER 40 TIMES BY HANGOUTS SCAMMER LIST TRYING TO GET ***

Posted

I wouldn’t take the risk using this.

No way to know how to track a scammer on hangouts?

Posted

Thank you everyone good to know

Posted

I've never had issues with using Hangouts. And, by the way, all such apps gather demographic and usage info. Every last one of them.

Posted

Dude it's full of women trying to get *** out of you, they know its hard to find how to track a scammer on hangouts.

Posted

Yes it is every site for dating is full of them

Posted

You do know if its just chat (no calls and such) that there are forums out there that allow you to make up throw away rooms ?  there is also vid chat on here, I have no idea why there is a need to go else where.  I used to use hangouts myself a couple of years ago but stopped as it was nothing but hassle (and no I never asked for ***).

Posted
On 6/16/2020 at 9:38 PM, Dogslave said:

I HAVE BEEN TRICKED OVER 40 TIMES BY SCAMMERS TRYING TO GET ***

Not wishing to sound how this probably sounds.  But.... did you not think after the second or third time there was a pattern to this?

Also.  When you fall, or look like you're going to fall, for something you get added to a "suckers" hangouts scammer  list the scammers pass/sell around other scammers.  So the more you fall for it, the more contact you'll get from scammers.

Also, of course, if you move to hangouts I believe this gives them your email address.  This also gets added in what they pass and sell around which attracts more contact and spam and scams in general.

Posted

I wouldn’t worry so much about what is collected but rather why you’d feel the need to go off-site to use an application for video chats before getting to know the person behind the “mask” so to speak. My Dom and I spoke at length before deciding to use Skype as we were able to use the phone feature and not have to worry so much about security. Yes you have to use real names but shouldn’t you know those anyway? My advice to you would be to not get dragged off site soon after meeting. This site has some seriously good means of protection from frauds. The site has the feature to report and block. The site now has a video chat feature to deter individuals from taking a potential relationship off site. Be wise and be careful.

Posted

I agree, most people who ask you to go off site within a few messages usually ( not to tar everyone with the same brush) are scammers. Useful to for checking this is get them to send pic then use Google image search or redeye to verify, then ask for a number you can chat to them directly, any refusal of these and a persistence to use another site usually is because they are on a hangouts scammer list. Good indication too is wording of their message. Again women using the phrase "dear" or "my dear" often turn out to be russian or nigerian scammers. I have caught many out with these simple tips. as there's no way to know how to track a scammer on hangouts.