Scam attempts that made you think “did you actually think they would work”

gibo94

Posted
Just a fun thread of scam attempts they made you think, surely nobody will fall for this.
My one is when I was talking to a proclaimed slave and she said she was from America. She then said she wanted to me to be her new master, she then said she wanted to be my live in slave and she would fly over and live with me but first I should send her £1000 so she can get a plane ticket, we had known each other for about 45 minutes.
I obviously know scams are a threat to people so try not to get offended by joking about them this is just one for fun, I may make one in a few days about good scam attempts and ways to spot them for new members to read and be aware off.
Posted

Well, I had one that actually managed to get *** off me - and then continued to chat with me AFTER I had demanded my *** back (which I never got).
She did send me a couple of nice short erotic stories, though, which I consider part payment. Oh, and I got some candid photos too. In the end, we had a nice conversation why I said "you might as well give up" and she then said "ok, I give up" - I haven't heard from her since. My contact with her was over a six month period

Posted
9 minutes ago, Carnelian2 said:

Well, I had one that actually managed to get *** off me - and then continued to chat with me AFTER I had demanded my *** back (which I never got).
She did send me a couple of nice short erotic stories, though, which I consider part payment. Oh, and I got some candid photos too. In the end, we had a nice conversation why I said "you might as well give up" and she then said "ok, I give up" - I haven't heard from her since. My contact with her was over a six month period

I want to very much UNlike this. It's so dreadful. 

You know I've been sucked in by a few MASTERS who I sent the usual masturbation videos too etc. 

This morning, I was contact by a guy in the States... oh god, I'd better not tell you about my weakness else others will see it and fully exploit it. But I'm pleased to say that I did NOT begin making plans to jump on the next flight to America and I won't be joining him in his little fantasy world (though I might have considered it for 10 minutes). 

Posted

I think there's a lot of really clever scams which I can understand why people fall for ("you just need to buy your training collar and butt plug" to which you think "if this is a scam, I get a collar and butt plug" - except the store is fake - or the good old "I'd love to play with you, let's book a dungeon, and again, the dungeons don't exist") 

but, aside from people using profiles of pictures that are actually my friends.... one of my favourite "seriously, did you think I'd fall for this"

was for a Mistress looking for subs for when she moves to Durham (which is a city near me) "Next week" - I dunno, I think moving might be a first priority....  i imagine other guys had similar from her with this substituted for other cities near them

Posted

A mate(no seriously)😂got conned out of 20k by someone on POF because he's a fool pretty much.Long story and we kept telling him to stop sending her *** but he didn't listen till his bank account was bare and she suddenly "dissapeared".Some are so easily taken in at just the hint of a sexual encounter,All rational thought can so easily also "dissapear"

Posted

Well, one time, I encountered a bot, posing as a domme. It had a clever system of questions and answers, it seemed so genuine. But unfortunately (for them), it was based on normal men.

I introduced myself with few important details: That my dick isn't working, and I don't do anything in real life.

And it went on about "her" doing things to me in real life, and being in charge of my orgasms, and that I'll cum only when she says so. Totally ignoring what I've said before.

And few messages later: Ok. Choose the place and we can discuss the meeting.

The system was clever. It had really human-like style of messages, using reason and opinions. It wanted you to pay for a membership on a private chat site, and later probably make you send *** for a supposed travel to your destination.

It could probably easily fool a normal man, at least into paying for that membership. I was fooled too, until I discovered it ignores the odds in my answers.

Posted
I mean the worst I’ve heard is someone going out to Thailand, marrying a Thai bar girl, bringing her back here, them having a kid and her disappearing back off into Thailand after 2 years with the child
Posted (edited)

I'm very skeptical about *** in online dating.

If there is at least some kind of a tell about attempting to steer the conversation in this direction my answer is "Thank you. Goodbye!".

And it does not even cause of the *** itself, it's more about people and approach. These days with the internet it's becoming so silly to beg and trying to scam for some pennies.

Beggers and scammers will always exist and do well for these pennies.

It is up to you how you deal with it. 

For this ***, you can just order a hooker and do as you please instead of all these promises you are given. ;)

I love to make gifts to people who I care about. Like really love it! Nothing is making me feel better than giving and seeing legit happiness and joy caused by my actions.

But it works only on people who you are invested in and get clear feedback.

The gift is not a gift if someone asks for it or working towards it.

For me, a gift is your wish to see that person's unexpected joy and stubborn cause of this. When you make a gift you receive it back via these emotions.

Edited by DanielHoup
Posted
38 minutes ago, LazyPirate said:

I mean the worst I’ve heard is someone going out to Thailand, marrying a Thai bar girl, bringing her back here, them having a kid and her disappearing back off into Thailand after 2 years with the child

That's cruel. Things like that make me despair at the human race.

11 minutes ago, DanielHoup said:

I'm very skeptical about *** in online dating.

If there is at least some kind of a tell about attempting to steer the conversation in this direction my answer is "Thank you. Goodbye!".

And it does not even cause of the *** itself, it's more about people and approach. These days with the internet it's becoming so silly to beg and trying to scam for some pennies.

Beggers and scammers will always exist and do well for these pennies.

It is up to you how you deal with it. 

For this ***, you can just order a hooker and do as you please instead of all these promises you are given. ;)

I love to make gifts to people who I care about. Like really love it! Nothing is making me feel better than giving and seeing legit happiness and joy caused by my actions.

But it works only on people who you are invested in and get clear feedback.

The gift is not a gift if someone asks for it or working towards it.

For me, a gift is your wish to see that person's unexpected joy and stubborn cause of this. When you make a gift you receive it back via these emotions.

Absolutely beautiful x

Posted

Only one i've had is a "sugar daddy" from the US offer me an allowance, take care of me, with a whatsapp number.

Hm, ok. 

That seems like a good idea, not.

Posted
I have been a widow for almost 2 years now and this is just what I have experienced. I started looking for a new partner just over a year ago now and have been on many different dating sites since I began my search and it seem that they are everywhere :( I have been asked for gift cards from between $25 and $200 , plane tickets and new cell phones. Some start hitting you up for *** right away and others take their time. I even had one say her father left her 1.5 million in gold and she needed to get married to be able to get the ***. Some send naked pictures and some get down right hostile and they become rude when you say no. When I first started my search I was scammed. The scam I got caught on was someone wanted to meet me in my area and they said I needed to be verified who I was. They said it was free but I had to give the site a Credit Card to complete the process. Good thing I only use $50 pre-paid cards because the took whatever was on the card. I took the chance even though I had my suspicions it was a scam. I have talked to over a thousand women in the last year or so and it happens with every single one so far :( I still have hope that I can find a real woman out there one day but I know it will take a lot of weeding through all the scammers out there. I can say one thing , at least most of the women on this site are straight to the point on their profiles that all they want is your ***. I know this happens to both men and women and sometimes for a lot more than just pocket change. So yes everyone beware of what is out there.
Posted
7 hours ago, white_rose said:

I want to very much UNlike this. It's so dreadful. 

You know I've been sucked in by a few MASTERS who I sent the usual masturbation videos too etc. 

This morning, I was contact by a guy in the States... oh god, I'd better not tell you about my weakness else others will see it and fully exploit it. But I'm pleased to say that I did NOT begin making plans to jump on the next flight to America and I won't be joining him in his little fantasy world (though I might have considered it for 10 minutes). 

Exploiting and scamming are similar to mugging and robbery.   A huge turn off.

Hope your well.

D... 

Posted

Only this year I have enjoyed a delicious online scam which ran for almost a week. I'm still not entirely certain what the angle was. At the end of the first night I posted about it in the forums of another online community I'm part of asking for advice and insight, and they were mostly just as baffled as me.

Sure, I've seen plenty of bots in my time. Plenty of guys pretending to be women, people using the promise of sex to try to get personal info or have you sign up to some dubious site, even had someone try to blackmail me after recording some playtime once (that kind-of backfired on them though, and is not what I'm writing about now).

I was on a chat site purely to see who was about to converse with, entertain or bore me as I fell asleep. I spotted a user who appeared to be from the same rough area as myself, so on the basis that we might have a greater likelihood of things in common even if just local geography I introduced myself. I received an almost instant reply asking if I had Hangouts. The alarm bells rang instantly. Nobody invites another person to chat off-site immediately and without talking first, not unless they are a bot (usually), seller (sometimes) or scammer (occasionally). Still, my Hangouts email is not my primary, I don't mind if anything happens to it and I do love winding the scammers up sometimes. I thought I'd see what the craic was, said sure. We exchanged details and started talking there.

She didn't ask much - pretty much just what I did for a living (I said my health does not allow me to work right now) and what I used to do for work. She soon sent a couple of "live" pics and she looked every inch the stereotypical webcam girl. 35 years old, absolutely stunning, wearing clothes which revealed enough to be extremely suggestive without exposing - designed to hook a guy in. Used language such as "sweetheart" and "darling". Asked me to call her the same. I waited to see what the scam was, to be asked to visit a private chat room, click on some link, send some ***. I watched the use of language closely and ruled out that this was a bot. She sent a couple more photos when I asked, and was wearing the same as she was in the first two. If she made a grammatical error or spelling mistake (and there were a few, she appeared perhaps Eastern European so English was not her first language), in her next message she might apologise and correct herself. Plus bots have stock messages posted instantly; she was typing, I could see the three dots.

I found it very odd that she didn't talk about sex. That's usually how they try to rope you in. I became more awake because I was intrigued to find out what this was all about. I played along. I called her the affectionate names. I sent a couple of live face pics back - nothing that could be reverse image-searched to link to anything I have online. She didn't ask for intimate photos to blackmail me with, nor any personal information. It was WEIRD. And then after going on for two hours of chat, at past half-one in the morning, she said it was late, she was getting tired so was going to try to sleep now. We said our goodnights and that we'd chat again tomorrow, then she went. I was left thinking wtf was that about? And that was when I asked in the other group's forum what people thought about it.

The following afternoon we chatted again, for half an hour. More of the same, all very pleasant. She sent some more supposedly live pics, still nothing rude, and nothing asked of me. A little more chat the same night. I and some friends on the forum began to wonder if this could be a genuine person possibly with attachment issues, and I felt anxious at the idea for if true I had been digging a huge hole for myself and could end up hurting them.

On the third night I learned a little more about her home situation. Although 35 she lived with her parents, whom she said she would like to soon show me a picture of and them one of me. Now it's beginning to look like she might be an immigrant husband-hunter, possibly because of the Brexit situation. She asks me how I would feel about her visiting me, for a week. I say that would be amazing but I can't do a full week. I casually suggest a five-day period at the end of the month (she does not have my address and I had no intention of giving it her - at this point I am thinking HUZZAH the scam is to get me to send her *** for transport or such), and she gets terribly excited saying yes, she has to let her parents know, confirming with me that those dates are when she will visit. She also asks if we can do video chat next time; I say yes, as this would be the perfect way to confirm she is who she says she is in her photos, ruling out some of the other things still in my head. She says good, when we do she will "show me her sexy body" - something I have never asked for and the first hint of anything sexual she has suggested.

The next night comes and I am sceptical but watchful. She only comes online much later than usual though and conversation is brief. She is extremely apologetic for being busy and now tired, and says she is going to head straight to bed. Not unreasonable if a genuine person. I keep playing along, say it is absolutely fine, wish her a goodnight. The following afternoon we chat a bit, but I am on my way to stay overnight at a friend's who has been in hospital that day and needs a little bit of looking after. I deliberately keep myself mostly offline that night, chiefly to better care for my friend but also in part because the whole situation is bonkers and I'm curious to see how this person I was only initially messaging because I thought they were a man trying to scam me but now might not be is going to react to my unavailability. I'm genuinely not typically a game-player but with these types my rules are more flexible.

She sounded disappointed that we barely exchanged messages that night, but understanding. The following day we had what would be our last conversation, at around lunchtime. It seemed pleasant enough, was fairly brief, I explained that I had to leave for an appointment but would hopefully be back online soon, and we said we'd chat later that day. That was Friday and she has not been back online since.

The consensus of the other site is that she was a husband-hunter who gave up and decided to target somebody else when I stopped giving her as much attention for a day (in which case I may have had a lucky escape); having received nothing from me they could use against me the only other thing I can imagine is that once in my home they planned on robbing me/killing me/letting a fuckload of other people in to get all my stuff in some sort of organised gang scam scenario. If it was a scam it was a long-gone scam of the highest order, and either way it still feels mighty dubious if only for the sheer number of hours they invested only to walk away with nothing 🤷‍♂️

Posted

Well I'm all set! Been offered to have all my bills and rent paid as long as I'm a good loyal baby, just need to text or kik him and we are good to go! 🙄

Posted

The idea with the bots is funny and explains a lot - or maybe just a call centre with staff that has been given a script and no real understanding to be able to deviate.

Here goes the conversation:

”list of rules received”

response from me: I don’t accept rules after we have not even spoke 

response from Mistress: so are you willing to be my slave

Posted
7 hours ago, Deedee69 said:

Exploiting and scamming are similar to mugging and robbery.   A huge turn off.

Hope your well.

D... 

Yes, thank you. Surviving the scammers, apparently lol x

Posted
11 hours ago, freddyflintj said:

I have been a widow for almost 2 years now and this is just what I have experienced. I started looking for a new partner just over a year ago now and have been on many different dating sites since I began my search and it seem that they are everywhere :( I have been asked for gift cards from between $25 and $200 , plane tickets and new cell phones. Some start hitting you up for *** right away and others take their time. I even had one say her father left her 1.5 million in gold and she needed to get married to be able to get the ***. Some send naked pictures and some get down right hostile and they become rude when you say no. When I first started my search I was scammed. The scam I got caught on was someone wanted to meet me in my area and they said I needed to be verified who I was. They said it was free but I had to give the site a Credit Card to complete the process. Good thing I only use $50 pre-paid cards because the took whatever was on the card. I took the chance even though I had my suspicions it was a scam. I have talked to over a thousand women in the last year or so and it happens with every single one so far :( I still have hope that I can find a real woman out there one day but I know it will take a lot of weeding through all the scammers out there. I can say one thing , at least most of the women on this site are straight to the point on their profiles that all they want is your ***. I know this happens to both men and women and sometimes for a lot more than just pocket change. So yes everyone beware of what is out there.

Gosh. It's quite astounding. I'm so sorry this happened to you. Your attitude of persistence and resilience is commendable. Good luck with your search. 

Posted

The scams are wide and various, I've lost count of American women with British mothers who have died meaning they went back to America with their American father's only for them to die, so they had to go to Africa to live and help an auntie who ran an orphanage, the aunties then die, leaving them stranded in Africa, or else theyre models stranded in Africa with no ***, I mean the poor ittle lambs

Posted
1 hour ago, white_rose said:

Gosh. It's quite astounding. I'm so sorry this happened to you. Your attitude of persistence and resilience is commendable. Good luck with your search. 

Thank you for you comments ;) I know there will be many more like this in anyone's search for the right person and with persistence I know I will find the right partner. Good luck on your search as well  :)

Posted
The second sending *** is brought into conversation, I just say outright that I'm not going to put my CC number or bank info on a website I don't know or trust. If it's brought up within the first 15 messages or something along the lines of "Let's get a private cam session" or whatever, then I just block them.
Posted

Oh, the newest one are Google Gift Cards or gaming cards - which can also be turned back into cash. Thankfully, the amounts for these are relatively small 

Posted
My favourite story was a Mistress site from Man island, a couple of weeks talking to a "Domme" and I gave her a disposable email address and then I cancelled my account. A couple of days later she sends me pictures of her. All remaining communications done by Whatap and then time to take the plunge, "You need to sign up to a Slave Site where I would be registered as hers after I gave my CC info lol I may be an airhead at times but I ain't that dense 😁😁
HappyBDSMlover
Posted

Yes I've had quite a few:

1  Before we meet for both our safety we need verification, go on this site to verify yourself - the site asks for c.f. details including cvc - no way.

2. After lengthy and sometimes shorter messaging with a Mistress she arranges a date with you then asks for *** to buy the toys she needs to train you - no I'm not a sucker Mistress

3. I know a dungeon we can use, after agreeing a date. If I send you the details can you book it? There are variations on this but the best one I had sent me a web link of a London dungeon with a page to make an overnight booking or a phone number or email to contact for hourly booking min 3 hours at 50. No answer from either but Mistress contacts them and they reply with her cc'd in apologising for not responding with payment details. My suspicions were already aroused as the dungeon description was in the nearby buzzing area of Hackney but the address on the edge of London

On Google maps there was a bus passing by in front of the premises so they couldn't be seen. I searched on line for the named dungeon found it and yes the photo gallery was similar but a totally different website

Another one told me the dungeon was private and used only by those who register( and pay to do so). I checked out the photos on line and they were of the interiors of various famous dungeons in NYC, LA etc

One trick they often use after setting you a list of rules is to demand you stop looking for a Mistress and delete your profile then forward them the confirmation you have done so. This way you can't expose them on the site.

The worst site I've found for all the above with 100% of my replies being scammers was Alt.com - don't date your time on this site.

Posted

From my experience the red flag is anyone who says i really like your profile and photo, 🤪