Food

Ch****

Posted

I often chat in the lobby and we often talk about food. The usa as so many different  foods. I know each state as a state dish. Same as each country as there own dish.

What are peoples city's or states dish. An what do people like to eat. Also where's the best place you go for food that food

Posted
Im Welsh so it's always a good lamb stew or 'cawl' but it's the wrong season so it's whatever the English people eat.. a good ole salad 🤣
Posted
Um... Texas... um... BBQ? Chicken fried steak? Squash casserole? Biscuits and gravy? Idk. I eat way too many things from all over.
Posted
I can't get myself to try ANY kind of feet tho. Many have tried to talk me into it. Or hogs head cheese. *shudder *
Posted
Cornish clotted cream, (always before the jam) - improves just about everything;)
Posted
13 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

The regional food is Greggs 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Posted
11 hours ago, Puppy6411 said:

Cornish clotted cream, (always before the jam) - improves just about everything;)

Apparently this is different  in certain  parts of England.  But I agree.

Greggs the home fir people who are hungry but no idea what to eat.

Salad actually makes my ibs wores. It's actually true. Although it's a hood exscuess 

Posted
It is, but they're wrong, heathens the lot of them 🤣🤣
Posted
7 hours ago, Puppy6411 said:

It is, but they're wrong, heathens the lot of them 🤣🤣

Just call me a heathen then

Posted
3 hours ago, Charms said:

Just call me a heathen then

Nothing wrong with being a heathen like the burger advert "do it your way" 😀😀🤣🤣

Posted
47 minutes ago, Puppy6411 said:

Nothing wrong with being a heathen like the burger advert "do it your way" 😀😀🤣🤣

Why ty Puppy6411.  I can not rember what burger that was for. 

I'm going to be aheathen an have macdonalds  breakfast lol 

Posted

Would people  around the world who.are on here tell me about there macdonalds.

• 3 weeks later...
MrLeatherCrotchBoots
Posted

McDonald's is the food of last resort, i prefer a burger from GBK myself much nicer!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 6/26/2023 at 1:46 AM, Charms said:

Would people  around the world who.are on here tell me about there macdonalds.

I don't think there's anything special about McD's on the mainland of the USA, but in Hawaii they will have coconut, or guava and cream pies while on the mainland there will be like blueberry, etc.

Also, last I saw there was breakfasts with spam and rice options.

(Been a few years tho)

Posted
On 6/25/2023 at 12:43 AM, eyemblacksheep said:

The regional food is Greggs 

🤣🤣

Posted

I don't think we have a regional dish here, but the new lotus mcflurry is darn good 😊😊

• 2 months later...
Posted

Im in England. We aren't exactly known for our "cuisine"  :jumping:

Its usually simple comfort foods

Fish n chips 

Pie n mash 

Sausage n mash/chips 

Traditional roasts (meat Veg potato's gravy) 

Then there's takeaways. Maccys, Chinese, Indian, pizza and yeah greggs (pastries) 

Beans on toast if you're hard up:crazy:

MasterDarcy1979
Posted

Haggis, mince and tatties (potatoes)

Technically I could say "Tikka Masala" as it was created here in Scotland by an Indian Chef.

I'm a great cook, so i very rarely order takeaways. My food is better than any restaurants (if I do say so myself).

I love Indian, Italian and Mexican cuisine.

Posted

Thinking on places I lived in the USA.

Hawaii: Poke, Spam Matsubi, Moco Loco, Haupia, Saimin, Shaved Ice(OMG I SOOO miss it!), Manapua, they have their own mac salad version in Hawaii, Poi(personally I hated it, but it was a texture issue for me), Kalua pig

California: Honestly the most California thing I can think of is In and Out Burger. I spent 5 years there, and... yeah. They go nuts for it, but to me it was cheap and not very flavorful. I ate there when I needed cheap, fast, and wasn't up to cooking.

Lousisianna: Oh.my.gawd. Where to start? Gumbo, dirty rice, red beans and rice, crawfish boils, Etouffee, bread pudding, Beignets(!!!), Jambalaya, Muffaletta, Boudin Sausage(They go nuts for the stuff, but the ones I tried I felt like I was fighting to get meat out of a condom, and it was a huge turn off of them for me.), Bananas Foster, Po-Boys, And, tbh the cafe au lait at Cafe du Monde is something else. The way its MADE is so different from anything else I have ever seen. They may have been around over 150 years and are a HUGE tourist stop in the French Quarter, but they brew their coffee in these HUGE copper vats(?) with MILK in it, and the coffee itself has chicory in it as well. I can not express in words how heavenly it was. Blackened of many varieties from fish to chicken to gator and I'm sure more.

Back to Texas: Tex-Mex obv, we have our own views on chili and frankly are a bit snobbish about chili in general. Same with BBQ. As many know BBQ is a VERY regional thing in the states, and people will get into literal fights sometimes about which state's BBQ is best(Silly, but everyone needs something to be passionate about, ig), Queso, frozen Maragritas, Dr Pepper is from Texas originally, Kolaches, Frito Pie, Pecan Pie, Fajitas, Smoked brisket, and Ruby Red G***fruits. I already listed some others earlier in this thread.
I hope I gave you guys lots to look up ^^

Posted
12 hours ago, locketheart said:

Lotus McFlurry? Please tell me what this is!

It's McDonald's ice cream with crushed lotus biscuits and toffee sauce