A caged dom

ca****

Posted
41 minutes ago, Vaxis said:

They can dominate, but that doesn't make them a Dom.  A switch is just that, switch vrmetween the two rolls. 

A bisexual person isn't sometimes gay, sometimes straight, theyre bisexual. 

so, yes in the sense a switch will always be a switch (and someone bi will always be bi)

but

if someone is a switch and they have a relationship with someone who is submissive and becomes their sub - then yes, they are still a switch, that doesn't stop being true, but they are the other person's Dominant

just like a bi woman would still be bi, but if she was dating a guy then she would be his girlfriend

in either case how much of an issue this is is down to them. There are plenty of people who are bi in a happy monogamous relationship - just as there are people who switch who are happy in their dynamic.   But, in ways, is also why more non-mono arrangements are seemingly more common in kink.

Posted

there is a lot which comes down to the individual.

there are people who have a kind of image in their head of how their Dominant (or sub) should be and don't wish to see/know outside of this.

and there can be different reasons, either for their own illusion - or because, they don't want to see their Dominant in any form of peril or such.

For me personally, there are some people I know who it might throw me if I saw them a certain way, but then others where I already have and it doesn't matter.  People react based somewhat on the idea they have in their head

People have different perspectives on what works for them.

Some people who don't switch don't like switches sometimes because they're constantly worried they'll be expected to switch or have a partner unfulfilled - some don't like them cos, well, there were toxic parts of the past where people overly obsessed on pigeonholing people when humans are actually more varied and complex.

There are some communities where you HAD to be a sub to someone before you could have a submissive of your own, some where you had to at least have tried on yourself what you were doing to others and - then - some where "men are Dominant! women are subs! no exceptions!" and all sorts of weird attitudes which don't all necessary translate to actual human psyche. 

Posted

I find all the conversation around "real" doms so weird, like there's a specific rule book you have to follow otherwise...errr no idea. You get kicked out of kinky club? You get spanked?!

Surely people just find other people who they have fun with and if something works for them it works for them and why is it anyone else's business?

Who's going to tell me that my relationships are invalid because of some weird-a*s rules about dominance someone else decided?

OP if you wanna dom while caged and you meet a sub who's into that then do whatever gets you off and makes you happy and don't let anyone tell you that somehow makes you less of a real person.

Posted
I’m gonna catch so much flack over this but to me a Dom,and a switch especially in men can’t be the same thing it’s always an either or situation no in between 🤦🏾‍♂️
Posted
1 hour ago, shameless1 said:

Dom,and a switch especially in men can’t be the same thing it’s always an either or situation no in between

so if someone is a switch

and are in a D/s relationship with a sub

they are still ultimately a switch

but they are the Dominant of that sub.  It doesn't in any way otherwise change who they are, or what appeals to them.  But, they are not the switch of the sub.  They are the Dominant of them.

I'm not sure why this is hard to understand.

Posted
Oh absolutely I can think of a few different scenarios and dynamics where a dom could be caged and another man’s sub while maintaining his power over me.
Posted
If he is a switch, and has a Domme, then he is Not a Dom. he is a Top/bottom.
Many conflate a Top with a Dom. A Dom could never bottom or be a submissive.
Posted
I think the fact that you even asked this question answers it for just you. But I'd say in general who cares, it's about the Dom and the current dynamic, if that one thing throws you off, then tell them asap so they are not wasting energy in a dynamic where they are never truly respected as they should be.
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
100% yes. Their dynamic with someone else does not say anything about my dynamic with them.
  • 5 months later...
Posted
Carry on doing your own thing, there is no rule book.
Posted
I love a switch- yes. Wrestling for power is hot
  • 2 months later...
Posted
I agree with Chonky, people enjoy what ever dynamic suits them and that is cool. For me, I am a switch. I like to change things up. It all depends on my partner and what is fun for us. I’ve had wonderful dom dynamics with women and sub dynamics. For me, my kinks are my form of adult play. As an actor, I can play a variety of roles. I would t want to play the same game over and over. And just like great food, one is not going to eat the same meal everyday of their life. Variety is the spice of life as they say.