Scent Triggers

Alisha111

Posted (edited)

A question for the Doms, have you ever used particular scents to trigger subs, to feel a certain way?

For example whenever a sub is deep in a sub state using a perfume or certain scented spray, and over time that perfume may be used to trigger the sub into that state effortlessly? Im curious if this would work. ☺️

Experienced Subs may reply as well.  

Edited by Alisha111
Typos
Posted
Yes.

I've used scents mostly for transitions rather than immediate switches. Transition from the Boise of the day to the stillness of subspace when combined with a set pattern of tasks etc.

I've also conditioned before so that a certain scent triggers an orgasm or anticipation of fairly intense pleasure etc.
Posted
Just now, iamelodin said:
Yes.

I've used scents mostly for transitions rather than immediate switches. Transition from the Boise of the day to the stillness of subspace when combined with a set pattern of tasks etc.

I've also conditioned before so that a certain scent triggers an orgasm or anticipation of fairly intense pleasure etc.

noise of the day*

RecoveryDaddy
Posted
Not super experienced in domming, but I do study psychology and I think it would work but not effortlessly. It would make them more sugguestable and they would sub out quicker and easier but not they wouldn't like, instantly switch into it
Posted

This is pretty much it. Though, in people who are extremely suggestible in general and when combined with physical conditioning the switch can be pretty instant.

RkyMtnMister
Posted
4 minutes ago, iamelodin said:

This is pretty much it. Though, in people who are extremely suggestible in general and when combined with physical conditioning the switch can be pretty instant.

What type of scents are you using

Posted
Yes there’s quite a few for that
Posted
12 minutes ago, RkyMtnMister said:

What type of scents are you using

Depending on the purpose, scented candles with scents not already associated with a core memory or place for them. Various smelling salts for conditioning expectation of *** or ***.

Posted
I’ve done that. If it’s a dark gothic mood, then chemical type smells are good
Posted
i haven’t used scents while in play but i use them in aftercare relax the body make them feel more “at home” after the end of a scene generally i’ll use something like lavender however the scent depends on what the sub likes and finds relaxing because getting all of the tension out of the muscles and mind is important
Posted
I have a certain perfume I only wear when Dom and I are together. Now if I smell it it helps me tap into my submissive mind quicker.
Posted
Once I had a girl blindfolded and her guts exploded from a toy on her pum-pum and she smelled a cotton ball soaked in vinegar.
Posted
Oh yes we always use different sense for the women that we have that are subs always try to trick them it's always a great time
Posted
Not with going into my sub space, but have used scents to trigger my sex drive. It's been a bit, so I don't remember the scent, but I'd imagine it'll work still. Lol
Posted

Insence. It smells like him and safety and dynamic and is guaranteed to put me into my head space. I do however have synesthesia so sounds, smells, colours and textures are massive triggers both positive and negative for me.