Trans people are so cool…..

Ho****

Posted
Trans people are people. They're not universally 'cool', neither are they universally uncool or any other adjective. I have a number of trans friends and they'd be horrified to be lumped together.
Posted
You are also so cool fellow enby ♡ I love your makeup btw.
Posted
Maybe it's just me being particular, but I find this post awkward.
Yes, it's cool that trans-people can live their own lives and it's cool when that happens without prejudice, but shouldn't we feel that way about everyone?

I doubt you meant it like this so I'm not trying to call you out personally, but the sentiment seems to run counter to the generally accepted narrative that anyone, no matter their identity or presentation, should "be cool"
Posted

Some people are cool. Some people are not cool. Some people are somewhere in between. Some people are d**ks. It makes zero difference if you’re trans.

Posted
Everyone on this post who disagrees with it is a cis man it seems? Hm. Weird. 🤔
Posted
Trans people are magical unicorns and I love you all
Posted
2 hours ago, hatchet_bxtch said:
Everyone on this post who disagrees with it is a cis man it seems? Hm. Weird. 🤔

Remember in school when you had those “If all apples are fruits, and all oranges are fruits, are all oranges apples?” type questions? Well that’s what you have here. Some people (trans or not) are cool. Some people (trans or not) are not cool. To suggest all of any type of person is cool is simply not correct, with one exception… all cool people are cool. To suggest that only cis men disagree with an illogical statement is embarrassing, you really shouldn’t be doing that.

Posted
It must be a sad life to see a post this harmless and feel a need to chime in with "nOt AlL tRaNs PeOpLE!!!" 😂😂😂
Posted
1 hour ago, FistingLTR said:

Remember in school when you had those “If all apples are fruits, and all oranges are fruits, are all oranges apples?” type questions? Well that’s what you have here. Some people (trans or not) are cool. Some people (trans or not) are not cool. To suggest all of any type of person is cool is simply not correct, with one exception… all cool people are cool. To suggest that only cis men disagree with an illogical statement is embarrassing, you really shouldn’t be doing that.

Get over yourself dude lmfao. 

Posted
Imagine feeling the need to make an "all" variation of this sentiment 🤣
Posted

Couple of things I am noticing with this kinda 'topic' ......

And I maybe be off the mark to some degree.. but my observations are as valid as anyone's  so take note (if you care to do so)

Firstly - I see elements of conflict and mis communication entering the conversation as the topic / thread expands......   I think some of this could be down to different 'generational' comprehension of certain word and meanings....   in this case it could be possible that the 'meaning' (intention) of the word 'cool' is being interpreted slightly differently by different people.........  causing some misunderstanding in how their replies are being received..  does that make sense??

Secondly a personal take on this (from my perspective).... I worked with a guy (he presented as a guy - is that the 'correct term!!!??) a number of times 10-15 years back...  he was an award winning photographer and was a really nice guy....   I wouldn't have 'labelled' him cool....    fast forward some years and he 'transitioned' to she and is now actively campaigns for, supports and champions gender identity / transgender /transsexual etc...  she is very active on social media, has made numerous TV appearances discussing the topics and often gives talks around the subject..   so to some degree she is now 'cool' in many peoples eyes.....   

Just saying ;)

Stay cool people - love, light and peace !

Posted
What weird, fragile responses this got. Who comes on a positivity post to chime in with a bunch of negative comments?
Love and appreciation to our trans family just trying to exist in this world, it certainly isn't easy these days 💜
Posted

If the original poster finds trans people as a group cool, good for them. In a way, you could say that their statement is no different than me generally finding rock musicians cool. Despite what I'll be writing below, I'm not trying to tell the original poster that their opinion is invalid - they're allowed to have that opinion.

However, we do live in a time where we tend to put people on pedestals and collectively praise them as a group, and those who don't blindly follow suit may find themselves scorned and/or ostracised for not praising these people, which is a tendency I don't align with. Individuals may do something that causes people to look up to them, but simply praising people for being part of a group rather than their individual achievements or actions seems odd to me.

As for those who attack people for commenting critically/skeptically, a forum is a place for exchanging opinions, experiences and knowledge and for discussions. If people post something in a forum, they should be willing/prepared to have other views presented and have their own questioned. Telling people that they shouldn't comment on forum posts is contrary to the point of a forum, and I believe these kinds of "arguments" are counterproductive.

A final point is that if someone had created a post writing "All [heterosexual/cis-gendered] people are cool", that post would most likely receive a backlash of astronomical proportions, and it would probably blow up much faster that a post about trans people will. In these times where we claim to fight for equality, acceptance and free speech, I think that's worth thinking about.

Posted
2 hours ago, Cupio said:

A final point is that if someone had created a post writing "All [heterosexual/cis-gendered] people are cool", that post would most likely receive a backlash of astronomical proportions, and it would probably blow up much faster that a post about trans people will. In these times where we claim to fight for equality, acceptance and free speech, I think that's worth thinking about.

I think that - other than that the OP at no point said 'all'

One big thing to remember is those of us who are cis/het are not a marginalised group in any way, shape or form.  The entire of society is built around us.  Aside from any potential prejudice, there is also assorted bias we hold - an *** bias if nothing else.

And that is fundamentally the main difference.   No one ever got bullied, especially to the point they committed ***, over being cis or straight.

Posted
2 hours ago, Cupio said:

If the original poster finds trans people as a group cool, good for them. In a way, you could say that their statement is no different than me generally finding rock musicians cool. Despite what I'll be writing below, I'm not trying to tell the original poster that their opinion is invalid - they're allowed to have that opinion.

However, we do live in a time where we tend to put people on pedestals and collectively praise them as a group, and those who don't blindly follow suit may find themselves scorned and/or ostracised for not praising these people, which is a tendency I don't align with. Individuals may do something that causes people to look up to them, but simply praising people for being part of a group rather than their individual achievements or actions seems odd to me.

As for those who attack people for commenting critically/skeptically, a forum is a place for exchanging opinions, experiences and knowledge and for discussions. If people post something in a forum, they should be willing/prepared to have other views presented and have their own questioned. Telling people that they shouldn't comment on forum posts is contrary to the point of a forum, and I believe these kinds of "arguments" are counterproductive.

We get it, many people need to hear themselves talk, even when they don't have anything relevant to say. The OP didn't post a question, or take a position on something, or delve into something controversial. The weird, completely useless responses say everything about the people posting them and zero about the original post.

Posted
We should appreciate everyone as much as they should be appreciate not 1 group is special. All should be appreciated
Posted
We should appreciate everyone as much as they should be appreciate not 1 group is special. All should be appreciated

#agreed

I’m older and new so I try to educate myself by asking questions but I’ve been blocked by trans people. My questions I don’t think are rude but perception is everything. I’m just saying if you want inclusion, educate🤷‍♂️.
Posted
2 hours ago, ViktorParker said:

I’m just saying if you want inclusion, educate🤷‍♂️.

the kinda problem with this is it translates to "I want you to justify your existence before I will acknowledge my own bias/prejudices"

Like, you've mentioned on other threads that you've face prejudice because of your skin colour.  It's not your job to educate everyone who is prejudice towards you; just as trans folk don't owe you an education either.

Posted
Never said it was my job but if I can correct ignorance why not do it!?!
Posted

Kwe' y'all. I'm a 2S trans, non-binary person that posted previously, but my post was deleted/flashes as irrelevant? Why?

Posted
6 hours ago, agentskyhouse said:

Kwe' y'all. I'm a 2S trans, non-binary person that posted previously, but my post was deleted/flashes as irrelevant? Why?

Your original comment was off-topic

Posted
12 hours ago, agentskyhouse said:

I would Dm the FEM MOD they are very helpful

Posted
5 hours ago, FETMOD-BD said:

Your original comment was off-topic

Nevermind 😂🤣