D/s dynamic

ThePhoenix

Posted

I know there are no set rules and each Dom has their own way of doing things.  But it seems that in the beginning of a dynamic, the Dom makes sure to contact their Sub every day, sometimes many messages throughout the day, but always at least once a day to make sure they are okay and such.  

My question is how long should it be before a Sub contacts their Dom to make sure everything is okay 12, 24, 48 hrs?

If there no medical, work or family emergency that's stopping the Dom from being able to send a message, not even a phone call. How long is too long?

I'd love to hear the answer to this from experienced Doms and if there are any Subs that have been questioning themselves because of this, I'd love to know.

Thank you for your time.

Posted
How long is the call duration it should be calculated right?
Posted

There hasn't been a call since Wednesday all communication via messages. The last message 11.45 Sunday morning.

Posted
1 minute ago, ThePhoenix said:

There hasn't been a call since Wednesday all communication via messages. The last message 11.45 Sunday morning.

How long have the two of you been involved?

Posted
3 minutes ago, NexumSange said:

How long have the two of you been involved?

It's still new - Just over a month.

Posted
16 minutes ago, ThePhoenix said:

It's still new - Just over a month.

And at first they kept up with everyday? What sort of discussion on commitment and expectation has taken place? Do they have other subs (of which you’re aware), other SO’s and so forth?

Posted
2 minutes ago, NexumSange said:

And at first they kept up with everyday? What sort of discussion on commitment and expectation has taken place? Do they have other subs (of which you’re aware), other SO’s and so forth?

This is my question too. I would encourage you to have a conversation about expectations with regard to communication.

Posted

More than once a day. And calls and video chats, when he couldn't come up. We are both Poly so although he hasn't got another sub, it wouldn't bother me if he had as long as he's honest with me, like I am with him.  However, even though he's given me valid excuses for him not keeping in contact and breaking our date, I saw he logged on here just three hours ago. 

My intuition is telling me I'm being played. This is why I wanted to see how other relationships work when it comes to communication.

Posted
2 minutes ago, ThePhoenix said:

More than once a day. And calls and video chats, when he couldn't come up. We are both Poly so although he hasn't got another sub, it wouldn't bother me if he had as long as he's honest with me, like I am with him.  However, even though he's given me valid excuses for him not keeping in contact and breaking our date, I saw he logged on here just three hours ago. 

My intuition is telling me I'm being played. This is why I wanted to see how other relationships work when it comes to communication.

“More than once a day” Is that an expectation that you h discussed and agreed to, or is that what has been normal so far. I hear want to mature sure I understand.

Posted
I think it’s pretty normal for communication to be much more frequent in the beginning when new relationship energy is high and there is a lot to discuss to get to know one another. But I believe you should feel comfortable reaching out to your Dom at any time for reassurance or clarification.
Posted
It seems to me he may see you as a fallback if he doesn't find something else.
Posted
1 minute ago, MinnesotaMinx said:

“More than once a day” Is that an expectation that you h discussed and agreed to, or is that what has been normal so far. I hear want to mature sure I understand.

It wasn't discussed it just happened. It's what has been normal so far, and the same with any Dom I've talked to. A morning greeting, General chat and then a goodnight.

Posted
1 minute ago, MinnesotaMinx said:

I think it’s pretty normal for communication to be much more frequent in the beginning when new relationship energy is high and there is a lot to discuss to get to know one another. But I believe you should feel comfortable reaching out to your Dom at any time for reassurance or clarification.

I have done. He reassured me nothing was wrong. but again, there's been another day of silence - 

Posted
4 minutes ago, ThePhoenix said:

I have done. He reassured me nothing was wrong. but again, there's been another day of silence - 

I think you need to have a more formal discussion about communication frequency and tell him what you’re feeling. Let him know that you noticed a change and that it makes you feel insecure. If you want good morning and good night messages plus chat during the day, be explicit about that and ask if he is able to commit to that.

Posted
From my POV, if actively involved with and keenly interested in a sub, contact remains regular throughout the day. Otherwise it would drift into FWB territory where there is no such emphasis on ensuring a sub’s wellbeing. Just my personal POV.
Posted

Thank you that's how it feels and it's messing with me. The unsure and not knowing.  I just don't want to be played.

Posted
One more thought on the subject: personally, when invested in a D/s dynamic, I want to be in my sub’s thoughts, whether it is for the purpose of a simple check in to make sure she is OK, to give her an instruction or challenge, or to relive a previous experience or have her eagerly anticipate the next one.
Posted
Personally whilst I understand the need for aftercare and checks etc, I don't believe it's a one way street from dominant to submissive, or incumbent on one more than the other to maintain or instigate contact. So there should be no question around how long to leave it before contacting him.
That said, has he said why he's been out of contact for longer than normal? Perhaps he's been busy, been ill, had other things to attend to and not necessarily anything sinister.
Certainly think an open and honest conversation needs to be had to understand expectations etc though
Posted

when you feel you should

is the short answer

if you're a bit, hmm, haven't heard from them - that's strange, it's always good to check in

Posted

So my intuition was correct. Not man enough to speak to me or send me a text. Instead, he blocks me on Fet.  I feel sick to my stomach right now!

Posted
42 minutes ago, ThePhoenix said:

So my intuition was correct. Not man enough to speak to me or send me a text. Instead, he blocks me on Fet.  I feel sick to my stomach right now!

I’m so sorry this happened to you. Take a deep breath and remember that this is not a reflection on you. You are worthy of a good Dom and a healthy D/s dynamic.

Posted
1 hour ago, ThePhoenix said:

Sadly, this person was not right for you. So sorry you’re feeling hurt, you deserve so much better. Stay strong, none of this reflects on you. Focus on you and what you need from your Dom, then make sure to make that clear. If your Dom does not fulfil his end, bring it up. D/s like any other relationship is a 2-way street, you deserve as much respect as your Dom.

Posted
1 hour ago, ThePhoenix said:

I am so sorry. My hope for you is to heal well from this and carry on; benefitting from the rein***ment that your instincts are correct. Trusting yourself is invaluable and focusing on that can help you through this bump in the road. 💚❤️‍🩹💚

MasterDarcy1979
Posted
2 hours ago, ThePhoenix said:

OK. I wished I read this sooner as I wrong quite a length reply. I had to delete it. ;)

I'm actually going to go against the tide. I'm not sorry for you.

It might not seem like it but this is a good thing. For a multitude of reasons:

The guy wasn't right for you.

Do you know how lucky you are to discover that after only a month? Some couple spend years together, have children and marry... before discovering that they aren't right for each other.

Your intuition is good! You sensed a red flag and you were correct.

You have a month's worth of experience.

The Dominant for you is out there and you are free to look for him.

Those are all great things.

As far as this guy goes, there's no excuse for him ghosting you and blocking you.

He's a coward.

In closing, you aren't with a coward anymore. :)