When should I update pictures?

se****

Posted (edited)

Hello. I noticed there are quite a few profiles that has the same pictures that are years old. This made me think about myself. When should I update? Should I still update if there are only slight differences from the past years? Slight is meant as "maybe" a few more wrinkles, different hairstyle, darker or lighter skin, or etc.

Edited by seonny
Posted

May I ask a leading question; what is the purpose of your profile?  If for dating or meeting people you may be interested in then my opinion would be to have current pictures available on your profile.  If it's just for your online persona, then use pictures you feel tell a story to the viewer and those that have meaning to you.

Cheers 🍻 

Posted

For other reasons I have folders of promo photos of some ladies (for example if it's someone featured on my website - or I've done some work for them) and so of course, some of these are 4-5 years old, but they've not significantly changed.  If someone used it as a profile pic and I met them it'd be no issue.

And this is in an industry where there's pressure to always have new photos.

So, no, I don't feel there's any pressure on dating sites to constantly take new photos as long as the current ones are... say... a good representation.   My profile pic is 18 months old, although I have added some since then - though the last one I added was me being a dickhead raiding a costume/prop department 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

For other reasons I have folders of promo photos of some ladies (for example if it's someone featured on my website - or I've done some work for them) and so of course, some of these are 4-5 years old, but they've not significantly changed.  If someone used it as a profile pic and I met them it'd be no issue.

And this is in an industry where there's pressure to always have new photos.

So, no, I don't feel there's any pressure on dating sites to constantly take new photos as long as the current ones are... say... a good representation.   My profile pic is 18 months old, although I have added some since then - though the last one I added was me being a dickhead raiding a costume/prop department 

Now I *have* to go see that last pic...

Tease... I see no fun raid pics 😒

Edited by ThaliaVirago
Posted
10 minutes ago, ThaliaVirago said:

the one where I'm in a police uniform, with a stethoscope, holding a Deliveroo bag, sat in the *actual* fake taxi
(I daren't shine a black light)

MasterDarcy1979
Posted

Whenever you want.

Mine Is relatively recent.

In all honesty, I read as many profiles that haven't got photographs as I do profiles that do have photographs.

A photograph is all well and good but if the profile is blank then so is my interest.

Posted
26 minutes ago, MasterDarcy1979 said:

A photograph is all well and good but if the profile is blank then so is my interest.

Pretty much this

Posted

Thank you for the comments.

When I was active, guessing half the men lost interest with my tiny writing, and long list of No's.

I'm not creative at all. Had to watch Youtube videos on the basics of decorating a Christmas Tree... I had no idea you had to fluff the branches.🤷‍♀️ 

It's good to know I don't need to update.🙏

Posted
On 10/19/2023 at 6:53 AM, ThaliaVirago said:

I had to go look too!

Posted
On 10/19/2023 at 8:17 AM, MasterDarcy1979 said:

Exactly. You can take the best picture in the world, but if you have NOTHING to say at all, then I'm not spending time to find EVERYTHING out. I have no starting place for a conversation EXCEPT the picture, and to me, it's not worth it. Plus with a lot of people it's like pulling teeth to get more than a few words. Like, ok. I will stop wasting my energy and time.

Posted
14 minutes ago, locketheart said:

Exactly. You can take the best picture in the world, but if you have NOTHING to say at all, then I'm not spending time to find EVERYTHING out. I have no starting place for a conversation EXCEPT the picture, and to me, it's not worth it. Plus with a lot of people it's like pulling teeth to get more than a few words. Like, ok. I will stop wasting my energy and time.

Precisely, I'm way more interested in someone's 🧠, a physically attractive package isn't nearly enough all on it's own, there are plenty of those here. One needs to actually be *interesting* in order to stand out. 

MasterDarcy1979
Posted
2 hours ago, locketheart said:

Exactly.

I like to view a profile as a first date. Mostly because it's used to garner enough information to see if the person behind the profile is worth your time. As well as to see If you're compatible.

Initiating contact with a person who has a blank profile dating Russia Roulette.