Your Input on Fetish.com's Events & Places Categories

le****

Posted

Hey kinksters, we're taking another look at our categories for the Events and Places part of the site and would like your input.  From the list below :point_down: you'll see what is currently available from the selection when adding or searching for either an event or place.  But, in terms of category, is there anything missing? What would you like to see?  e.g. Fetish Fairs. Or perhaps you like things as they are.. let us know! :smiling_imp:

Events

• BDSM & Fetish Parties
  • Munches & Kinky Events

Places

• Fetish Wear & Sex Shops
  • Gay Bars & Gay Saunas
  • BDSM Sex Dungeons
  • BDSM & Fetish Clubs
  • Swingers Clubs

Posted

I think Munches & Kinky Events could be better rephrased as Munches & Kinky Socials

This highlights they are social events rather than play events 

New category : workshops & peer learning

Posted

Dungeon and play room hire list by area

Definitely more on the events list. 

Fetish fairs and markets by area

Posted
The one event that comes up time & time again in chat is local munches. There is another site that does a comprehensive list. Maybe we should have a list of our own?
Posted

Think workshops/peer learning is a good idea as has been suggested by eyemblacksheep as a lot of rope events fall into that category and I don't think they really fit anywhere very well currently.

As for the comprehensive list suggested by Jinx, the other site that I believe is being referred only has a large list due to organisers listing their events on there and if people aren't aware of this site/aren't members of this site, they can't list events they're running here.

Posted
2 hours ago, Jinx said:

The one event that comes up time & time again in chat is local munches. There is another site that does a comprehensive list. Maybe we should have a list of our own?

I definitely agree with this. It’s something that would really add to the site

Posted
4 hours ago, BornStyx said:

Think workshops/peer learning is a good idea as has been suggested by eyemblacksheep as a lot of rope events fall into that category and I don't think they really fit anywhere very well currently.

As for the comprehensive list suggested by Jinx, the other site that I believe is being referred only has a large list due to organisers listing their events on there and if people aren't aware of this site/aren't members of this site, they can't list events they're running here.

We could add local munches too on here? I know of 6 in my area even if I don’t attend all of them. If we all contributed we would soon have a comprehensive list. 

Posted
I literally can't even find the events bit on here, I gave up looking for it.
Posted
5 hours ago, EventuallyHyde said:

I literally can't even find the events bit on here, I gave up looking for it.

top of the page

Browse > Events

Posted
11 hours ago, Jinx said:

We could add local munches too on here? I know of 6 in my area even if I don’t attend all of them. If we all contributed we would soon have a comprehensive list. 

I list, or have listed, on behalf of some other local events here.

My recommendation would be to contact the organisers and let them know your intention - because some may be unhappy with it being listed somewhere they can't monitor or control.  An advantage if it's somewhere they can control they can see if someone unwelcome is marked as attending and let them know they're not welcome and remove from the listing.

If you do list here on their behalf - you'd also need to be able to answer any questions - I get questions all the time regarding all the events I've listed including those that aren't mine.  This is going to be increased workload for whoever chooses to list.

Not trying to disuade - I think it's a good idea - but it's why I only list some of the local munches/events here and not all. 

Posted

I belong to anothet fetish group that combines instruction and then social interaction about once every two or three months apart.  They are always well attnded.