Crossdresser bad at makeup

Posted

Im a crossdresser  and Im pretty good with picking out cloths and dressing to the point where I can be pretty passable theres just one problem, I suck at applying make up.Ive tried watching makeup tutorials I dress almost every weekend and apply make and Ive gotten a little bit better but I cant seem to get consistant with the skill, any ideas

Posted
I know it’s probably not the answer that you want but honestly it does just take a hell of a lot of practice to really get consistently Good results. If you haven’t tried going to a make up appointment at a place like Sephora, and feel comfortable doing it, I would definitely give it a go. There is a fair chance that you could be using a better shade of foundation, or a different kind of blush etc. that will give you a look as much more akin to what you’re after every time.
Posted

What FW said, plus skincare. So much of a good finish is skin prep. 

Less makeup is always better than too much if your technique still needs practice. Try to find channels on YouTube where the people are actual professional makeup artists as well as people of a similar age, skin type and coloring as you. 

Posted
Book a professional MUA, maybe. I'm sure they can give you pointer and tip for doing it yourself 💋
Posted (edited)

Ive definitly thought about going to sephora but i heard it was really expensive, regardless i actually enjoy doing my makeup so im not going to quit I was just asking because i was hoping that there was some secret makeup tip I was missing...lol thank you for taking the time to answer.

Edited by Deleted Member
I didnt thank the person who responded
Posted
8 hours ago, LittleVictory said:

Book a professional MUA, maybe. I'm sure they can give you pointer and tip for doing it yourself 💋

Iam definitly going to do this next time my gf and I go out to the club thanks

Posted

oh believe me ive become really dedicated to this my skin care is a daily routine these days, Im trying to look flawless girl. thank you for your response

Posted

There's a trans lady in YouTube called nikis tutorials.  She does amazing make up tutor and also talks about all sorts of make up for different  skin tones.

She also checks out new make up products and gives you a honest opnion

Posted

Ok, so my suggestion may be a bit out of the box, and depending on the area you are from may be a bit hard to do.

Try starting to hang out at gay club, esp ones with drag shows. Make some friends with some drag queens. Ask for make up tips.

I have had drag queens come up and just sit and chat at some of these places, then drop a few pointers on me during the conversation. Since this was the 90's I am pretty sure a lot is outdated, but it was a really fun time, and they OFC had a LOT of knowledge about things like how to better hide stubble and other blemishes, how to give an appearance of more cleavage/boob, etc.

I really don't think people in general recognize HOW MUCH work a drag queen puts into their make up. Even tho most of them have really bright, extravagant colored lips/blush/shadow, they STILL have to learn how to do everything. Even base coverage. They have a LOT more techniques than many women I have known.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

I started going to the gay club here in Allentown To make some friends and become part of a community I belong too. That was about 2 years ago  but I don't go out much and I am socially awkward when I'm not dressed as a women...lol but at that time I decided I would stop with the half-assed cross dressing like wearing panties with a the same beard I've had since i was 18 years old, to actually know what it feels like and what i would look like with a wig, makeup, heels and garters etc.

I did slowly acquire some things which really put things into perspective. When i got makeup even though I had a beard and i was bad at make up I was like wow my eyes pop with some eyeliner, I ordered fishnets and some outfits from Shein same thing wow my butt looks so good in this or I guess I have to get a size bigger cause this is too tight, finally I cut my beard, it took me a year, but I thought to myself "Well now i know how to dress and I know its more than a fetish I love the way it made me feel time to cut the beard."

Cutting the beard was a huge game changer, not that there is anything wrong with me cross dressing with beards, but for me not only did I really want to see how fem I could possibly look, but more importantly it was "My Beard" it was my way of pushing harder towards masculinity because I was always running away from my femininity something I have felt my whole life so my face is shaved and I look better than I expected but something is still missing...

Then my girlfriend buys me a pair of high heels, not only do they make my ass stick out more, but damn even though my feet are killing me they really make me feel the part, thank you for the advice, Im gonna take a little bit of everyone's advice but more than anything Im gonna keep on working on it  and posting pics!!!

Posted

I didn't get into make up until my 20s. i started wearing it frequently around 2016. in the past years i have steadily gotten better. how long have you been practicing?

my suggestions are:

• try to do some make up every day even if you wash it off immediately
  • play around with brands. i find vegan brands are better than say maybeline or cover girl.
  • only change one type of product at a time tho. so like keep your routine the same and switch out your foundation or primer or whatever until you find what you like
  • higher end makeup will last better and longer but you still have to find what works best for your skin
  • SKINCARE!!! i always wash my face and apply new toner and lotion etc before starting
  • watch tutorials without trying to follow along to see what techniques are universally used etc

i love make up and love when people learn to express themselves with it. it's a lot like ***ting though in that it is a learned skill and requires dedication and practice.

Posted

Yes to any as many fems wish to take over my pathetic life I want beg made that if any want use me as slut whore live stream as well record 12 hrs day try be star slut my ex's GFS sent 2 dudes weekly to cut edit all recordings as I was couple ended by them or since they asked if allow friends and never friends just guys give tip to  gag me as fuck head off items not alow slut pull away , just take it all

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I try as often as possible to put make up on and i have stepped up my skincare routine, with serums and face masks moisturizers and my gf got me a set of highlighter blush and bronzer sticks for christmas ive be experimenting