Browsing...

legacy_rising

Posted
42 minutes ago, AokiOtosan said:

I think it is normal for man to rarely get messages in dating apps. Women are always overwhelmed by them, so they probably have a hard time just keeping up with their inbox

That said, I looked at your profile and, for me, it looks like lot like a resume. It talks a lot about what you can do, but there are only 2 sentences about what you like

You can hire someone and the person will do anything you said you can. But they will not be you. And that difference between you and another person is what you should talk about

People don’t want to just do the things, like a performance. They want to share the happiness of doing something that both parties love to do.

Rewrite it focusing on what you like instead of what you can offer and you may start getting a different reaction to it

Sadly, what I offered is what I like. So I guess I'll just delete it all

Posted
5 hours ago, AokiOtosan said:

How do you know the person thinks “you should instantly like them because they liked you”? I’m genuinely curious

Left out a couple of words, by like I meant like the look of, and I'd rather not repeat how I get told that. 

Posted
12 hours ago, Gentle_RaveDaddy said:

Sadly, what I offered is what I like. So I guess I'll just delete it all

Noooo! You missed the point! If those are the things you, then just say you like them!

There's a difference between saying "Here are things I know and can do for you" and "Here are the things I like..."

The first tells the other what they get by being with you, the second tells what matters to you! If you rewrite it with the intention of sharing your tastes and let others no what matters to you, the practices and fetishes will remain the same but you'll send out a totally different vibe.

Was I clearer now?

Posted
I always try to read and find a connection
Posted
I don't scroll down the list ever. There's only 4 women that have a recent log-in sooner than 1 month ago within my maximum distance, and there's never anyone new on here near me, so I don't have to scroll. If I filter by the one role I am looking for, there's not even any profiles (regardless of when they logged in) within my max distance. That's just only filtering "women looking for men" within a certain distance, no other filters.
Where I live sucks ass. I honestly don't know why I bother trying, it's always the same.
Posted
Personally I go through the entire profile. I stay active on here because I’m looking to make some lovely kinky friends and I want to know if there is a glimpse of something we can connect over. I’ve received plenty of messages with snarky comments about how long my profile is and that it’s not worth someone’s time and effort. 🤷‍♀️ Oh well I say! I’m a bit of a book worm anyway so I definitely enjoy a good profile to read and will definitely reach out only after I’ve gone through every nook!
Posted (edited)

You can't get very far here without paying. In my 2 weeks here I don't see any incentive to pay. My name is well known in the London scene, if somebody wants to contact me I'm not hard to find

Edited by Deleted Member
Spelling
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

@Shawn_ScottI have to echo this. I understand these sites exist to make ***, but when they render it completely unusable without coughing up my hard earned, I'm off. So far this site seems to allow basic usability, and require payment for the fancy bells and whistles. So far I have an open mind....

Jaguar54
Posted

Further to my last response, I have decided that It is worth paying, at least for a short trial period. Unfortunately my payment won't go through for some unknown reason and so I remain in the dark if full membership is worthwhile.

legacy_rising
Posted

I find it almost impossible to find anyone within a reasonable distance too. Especially in my age bracket. 

Posted

I've only been on this site for about 3 weeks and I wouldn't pay for this site. I do enjoy the forum section and reading bios of people but I find most people in my area don't login frequently enough to keep me motivated.

Now, I've been to busy with the holidays lately to write an into for my own page so maybe that would help me out.

Posted

When I'm looking at profiles, Pics and a decent description of what your about, what you are seeking, and location as close to where i'm will peek my interest to write a message relating to the profile to build a conversation.

I detest one worders and those who don't know what they are seeking unless they are happily flexible. 

• 1 month later...
Posted

I'm here not to get quick kicks but find people I can connect with and meet and make lasting bonds with in real life. It really is like gold-mining. You go in looking for the gold not the dirt. But like any site it takes shifting sifting and digging through to find those special someones who you make a connection with.

I always read the profiles. Even on quick-kink where I'm supposed to just be swiping - I can't help myself to click on and take a closer look. Just wish I had all the smooth moves and lines to make the right connections too.

Starting conversations can be hard. Especially as a single guy, outnumbered maybe 10:1 M:F a lifestyler trying to find his community and not a person looking for quick hook ups. Making genuine connections and finding ways to beam yourself into the limelight and seem more interesting than half the super smooth but also dare I say assholes here can be mega tricky.

Posted
6 hours ago, DaddyMcCheeko said:

I'm here not to get quick kicks but find people I can connect with and meet and make lasting bonds with in real life. It really is like gold-mining. You go in looking for the gold not the dirt. But like any site it takes shifting sifting and digging through to find those special someones who you make a connection with.

I always read the profiles. Even on quick-kink where I'm supposed to just be swiping - I can't help myself to click on and take a closer look. Just wish I had all the smooth moves and lines to make the right connections too.

Starting conversations can be hard. Especially as a single guy, outnumbered maybe 10:1 M:F a lifestyler trying to find his community and not a person looking for quick hook ups. Making genuine connections and finding ways to beam yourself into the limelight and seem more interesting than half the super smooth but also dare I say assholes here can be mega tricky.

I think the trap many guys fall into though is believing that the *only* way to approach sites like this, and the lifestyle generally, is by sending messages blind to other profiles in the hope of getting a response.
Whilst that is of course one way of approaching things, it's probably the least fruitful and most frustrating.
I rarely send such messages, and yet interact with quite a few people (mostly women) on the site to varying degrees - and do so by being active in the forums where I can show myself as a person in addition to my profile text - sure that mostly limits those interactions to people that use the forums and does mean those I interact with may not be local etc but it works all the same.
Then I also get along to a local Munch, where I've met and built connections, and recently went to my first kink club, which is another place to make connections.
So there are many more ways to meet and get to know people than sending shots in the dark.

YorkshireBiker
Posted

I’m not looking to meet anyone on here but I will browse every now and then, I do tend to check my local area mostly but I don’t plan on ever sending out a random message unless I feel we actually have some to talk about. 

I’ve had a few conversations here but all of them have been started by the other person.  

Posted

I read the profiles and if we seem suited I approach. The real shame is the ones I really think I could converse with have filters or block so unable to contact.

welshslaveboy
Posted

I love to browse around, love receiving messages as well, it’s one of those things, a simple message can lead to so much, I’d rather have a message and decide if the person is for me, than not at all. I always try and give people a chance, even if straight away there isn’t an instant connection.