Collar advice

CelticFox

Posted

Well iv been in a few relationships with others. My last one ended with a lot of basic questions having never been answered or explained in any detail. 

My partner and I are looking to get back into some of the kink but when it comes to the collars were both a bit confused. Iv been told they are MANDATORY and they are optional. Iv been told it must be an obvious collar and that it could be something unobtrusive. Iv been told it can be something other than a collar like a bracelet. And if been told it must be kept on at all time and then that it can be removed whenever.

Im confused as to what's what..my job [and my partners] dont allow for obvious collars [for dress code and safety reasons] but I can not handle tight things around my neck all the time [like a ***r-sad love the look]  can anyone give me some perspective as to what's actually what on this issue??

Much Love and Respect, CelticFox

Posted

ok - there are people try to impose their ideologies onto others.

collars are NEVER mandatory - the only exception is if you are going to an event where subs must wear one (even then, any collar will do)

collars are symbolic - but the symbolism has to be right *for you* and not someone else

some like to wear theirs all the time as part of their dynamic to symbolise they are always owned and always under their Dominants control.  Some don't, especially when there's places like work etc. which can arouse questions

Posted
The only two facts in BDSM, are that it must be safe and consensual, and everything else is just opinion. I like to make my Submissive wear a collar, but it is rarely possible to make this permanent. It is all dependant on where you are, who you are with, and what type of collar you want.
Posted
Just throwing this out there, if your dynamic feels right for you then why stress over a collar? NOTHING is Mandatory!
Posted
U need to discuss with your partner whether you both want " a collar" but it can be a bracelet or ring or even a watch! Something that goes around part of you body that was bought for you by the partner !! You decide between you how often you need to wear it !! All about communication xx child out and relax hun xx
Posted

Basically in my opinion symbolic collaring is what you are speaking about when you mention this being something like a bracelet... symbolic collaring can be literally any item that means something between you and your dominant. Something that whenever you look at it or just happen to feel it on you, you automatically think of your dominant and the relationship that has blossomed. 

Collaring where it is the physical collar should be worn when agreed to, it shouldn't ever become an issue of you wearing it outside but should be worn more in play or at events in my opinion.

Everyone has different expectations and wants regarding collaring, some people see collaring as significant as proposing to someone and others see collaring as something somewhat as a novelty... It's all individual and something that needs to be discussed between you and your partner most certainly