Role Play Problems

cautiousswitch

cautiousswitch
Posted

I like the concept of role play, but have never been able to practice it well.  I think that part of it is that I'm too much of a realist and have trouble getting into it.

I did an abduction scene once.  At one point, while transferring me from one restraint to another, my domme made a mistake and I had the opportunity to break free and overpower her.  Putting up some resistance is a part of this sort of scene, but unless previously agreed that you are going to switch roles the resistance should fail so I didn't take the opportunity.  From that point on during the scene putting up resistance seemed pointless.

On the other extreme, I've done scenes where I was my domme's loyal slave 100%.  That's pretty much what I do in a non role play session anyhow, so adding role play didn't add that much to the session.

To some extent there is a level of role play to any session, but not in the same sense as having to come up with dialogue beyond yes ma'am, thank you ma'am. 

Does anyone have any advice?

Posted

I LOOOVE roleplay! I would suggest you try discussing your scenes beforehand as you'd do with any scene with a new Dom. Set boundries and expectations. As with your abduction scene; can I resist, if I have the opportunity to switch roles do you want that? Obviously, you can't plan for every contingency, but getting even a few covered will give you both better confidence going in, and may help to more easily navigate those that come up unexpectedly.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

For practice, open up the memos on your phone and try to write a scenario that you would love to happen to you and keep practicing on that one scenario until it's almost perfect

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

The quarantine situation means we're all ***d to be more virtual in our connections, so this could be an ideal time to try out and explore some cyber rp? It can be anonymous, swift and NSA or a regular/longstanding playspace with an individual/group.

It has so much scope too, you can create scenarios with others as you go along, or send longer detailed scenarios to each other (like a mini book/film where you create alternative chapters/paragraphs). This can be done through text or voice recordings, and there are plenty of rp chat rooms online. Bringing in existing characters and places, creating new ones, blending the them together; the limits are the ones you agree to set, and your imagination.