Be warned!

Do****

Posted

All, please be aware of scammers on any online app. Yesterday and now today I’ve had “women” approach me wanting to switch to hangouts app. This is so that they can’t be kicked off of here or other apps for misconduct etc. Yesterday’s one chatted me up for around 4 hours telling me all I wanted to hear before we finally got down to the BS.

Posted

Thanks @DomDaddySteve We're already on this and have previously posted community messages for users to report others who they suspect of being a fake/scammer.  As you've experienced, there are telltale signs from fakes or scammers. They are very easy to spot, when you know what to look for.  

These days fakes act in many weird and surprisingly different ways. Many of them write directly with unrealistic propositions to try and get hold of your email address, or they may try to get you to visit external websites.  

If you receive a message from someone, who asks you for your email address or want to shift the convo over to hangouts or another platform early on in a conversation or writes very poorly, be suspicious.  In case of suspicion, always report the profile and we’ll look into it.  

To report, open the profile in question, and click on 'Report Profile' (three ... at top right of the screen).  When you report a profile, you will remain anonymous to the other user.  When we receive the report, we'll look into it and take the necessary action.  Bear in mind that any message history between you and the other person may be made accessible for verification by our Support Team. This information will never be disclosed and is strictly confidential.

Thanks for this, and rest assured our developers are continually looking at ways to combat unwanted users like this on the site.  Also, as users together, we can weed them out. 

:)

cautiousswitch
Posted

They actually chat you up? Mine go straight from how are you to send me your phone number.  I'm a little jealous now.

Posted

Also on this app and others, it seems like their profile usually says they are from New York about the same area of New York as well as the "miles away" seems to be universal.

Posted

Got one that messages me every so often. Swears there's no catfishing going on but all I can say is, this one is dedicated. Lol

Posted

There is alot of scammers on here I found out . it's sad when you live bdsm all the way and when ya talk to them . only thing thay say to me . when can we have sex and they don't even know me at all motor naked pics or they ask for your name address and ssi number to scam you .becareful who you trust

Posted

I'd also say, beware of certain lines as well, for instance if they say things like "single, never married for long term relationship" or if they use "Am" instead if "I am" they they are indeed a scammer or a catfish.
it's almost standard that there are scammers on every dating app in existence...and they tend to eventually saturate that app until it's difficult to even tell if there are even any real people there anymore, it's quite the nuisance and honestly, it would be great to see a hacker wreck their world the way they wreck others'

Posted

Really damn ,what's their angle then id theft ?only been here 4days and had a few already lol

Posted

Same happened to me yesterday. Telling me what I wanted to hear then started asking for a large sum of *** for this and that. So I decided to waste their time by letting them think I was interested until I told them I'm not interested at all

Posted

Just wanted to give more context on how these scams work. They are romance scams and their goal is to get your ***, recently they've been asking for gift cards or your banking info. The easiest way to avoid being scammed is simply stop talking to someone if within the first few hours of meeting them they ask for *** or a gift card.

Posted

why it took you 4 hours to realise? 

Posted

Ok I understand the concern but at other times it's because people have other places like FB because they check that more often than here

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I've had that same problem a few times, usually I just block them but if they're being especially annoying, I'll try to figure out more about them and start reading off their phone number or address if they're dumb enough to leave that accessible and that usually makes them disappear for good