Rating and Liking

Posted

I do not know if this has been covered, but my phone often glitches when I rate a profile or photo. It seems that whenever I click on any of the 5 stars, the website decides for me, how many stars are given. Further to my point, finding out that someone has rated your photo with 2 stars out even one could be upsetting.

Could we please get it changed to a like button, so that there can be no glitching or upset?

Posted

the first part - this has come up before

So, basically if someone has had 1 vote of 3 stars, and you vote 5 stars, it will show as 4 stars as it works out the average.

on the 1/2 stars - you only get notifications if it's 3 or more.

However, personally...... I'm not entirely sure on the star system anyroad.

Posted

There's been a few remarks on the faulty star system - seems to rate up there with the like/dislike on F***book, which has been removed apparently.  I wouldn't know as I've never been on F***book.  Our good blacksheep is right - it seems to work out an average, even if that's not what you wanted to give someone.

I don't give a monkey's how many stars we get or don't get - but if the galaxy behaved in this fashion, the Gods would get a shed-load of complaints!

Posted (edited)

It will show how much you rate on that profile, but only that profile obviously can see it so don’t worry about it . She knows you rated her 5 stars 😊

Edited by Deleted Member
  • 1 month later...
Posted

Hi @DanteReign, the rating system does work out an average. In all honesty, we want to replace the rating system with something more inclusive and positive. As a team, we feel the rating system promotes objectification and, as you have mentioned, can be very upsetting when you get one or two stars. It is in the pipeline, so I say... watch this space. Thanks for bringing it up <3

• 7 months later...
Posted

Glad to hear this is up for review. My first rating for messaging was a 1* and was given because I objected to someone’s rudeness. 

I don’t know how much notice people take of the star ratings, but as someone who has spent her first month being unfailingly polite and kind to everyone and who has only been sharp and blocked two people as a last resort, it seems unfair that I now look like I’m very poor at messaging.

Posted

Incidentally, how do you star rate someone for messaging? I’ve looked on  friends’ profiles on both the app and the website, but can’t find a way of doing it.

Posted
12 hours ago, Lockfairy said:

Glad to hear this is up for review. My first rating for messaging was a 1* and was given because I objected to someone’s rudeness. 

I don’t know how much notice people take of the star ratings, but as someone who has spent her first month being unfailingly polite and kind to everyone and who has only been sharp and blocked two people as a last resort, it seems unfair that I now look like I’m very poor at messaging.

I have the same issue, people don't like being told no thank you no matter how nicely you wrap it up, or how rude they've been..its frustrating. 

Posted
15 hours ago, Lockfairy said:

Incidentally, how do you star rate someone for messaging? I’ve looked on  friends’ profiles on both the app and the website, but can’t find a way of doing it.

Unfortunately you cannot rate conversations on the Mobile Desktop or FET APP.  The option is only available on the Desktop version of the site.