How on earth do I find a dom?

Posted

I'm new to bdsm, I grew up in a place where it was seen as "weird" but I'm looking to get more into it.
How does on find a dom?

Posted

Best bet is to attend local events and munches (get togethers) you can find these by joining fetlife. They have a local events listing.

Posted

Talk to shy people, alot of the shy, and socially awkward people I know are doms. Hope that helps?

Posted

One of the things that may often come as a surprise is even in the smallest of towns and communities there's usually more people into "it" then would seem.

Munches are a good chance to meet people - perhaps the most comprehensive directory can be found by googling 'find a munch'

Fetlife as discussed also has listings - but for reasons I'll also cover I wouldn't automatically recommend if you are new/young/finding-your-feet.

What I think is important is what you mean by "it" and if you even need someone who is a Dom?

Be very cautious of people who seem too eager to offer to be your Dom or whatever - they're usually those who are also maybe a little too desperate for a sub and may also have inexperience that shines through.

Looking at your profile your main interests seem to effectively be around kinky sex; and that's really cool - you probably don't need a Domly Dom in order to meet your interests, though.

Posted

Depends on if ur looking for long distance or not

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, ittybittybunni said:

I'm new to bdsm, I grew up in a place where it was seen as "weird" but I'm looking to get more into it.
How does on find a dom?

With caution, please.  Decide just what it is you want so you don't waste your time building a relationship/trust with someone not suitable and you don't waste THEIR time.  You can meet people in here, or as already mentioned, munches and events - check out the magazine and adverts in this site;  and please read the following:

https://www.fetish.com/topic/11135-grace-millane /?tab=comments#comment-49020

https://www.fetish.com/topic/11201-those-new-to-the-scene-please-read/

Edited by Vandalslut
Posted

Indeed. Being careful is 1000% the best thing. There's alot of people who will use it to take advantage of others. And it's a mutual partnership between both Dom and sub. Take the time to get to know people before you jump into something and regret it.

Posted

Honestly as @vandalslut said know what kind of dom you want and you are in the right place or at least heading in the right direction