Groups to teach newbies

Posted
A lot of us are new here like me I’m sure. Any tips on how to get more educated where to learn or pages to read? Trying to get out of the vanilla space.
Posted
I recommend a podcast call Loving BDSM. They have over a hundred episodes on various BDSM topics.
Posted
Sites like this one are a good source, or FetLife, then there are no end of blogs and books on the subject (SM101 and Screw.The Roses Bring Me The Thorns are both widely held to be worthy reads), then there's getting along to local munches or kink events and all manner of other resources right at your fingertips.
Or you could use any of the numerous on-line questionnaires to get an idea of what may interest you and having done so Google those specific topics for more info.
It helps if you have a basic grasp of yourself and your desires and level of self-awareness about your interests too
Posted
Get yourself a mentor first. Let him lead you and show you what it is all about. Reading is useful but our experiences are worthless.
Posted
I got this advice form an expert lady here.
Go and get fetlife app.
Register and check out the local events section.
From there look for events called munches.
Those are casual meetups where you can ask for advice.
Dress nice and be yourself.
Takes a copule of times to get along whit the whole thing but it's a lot of fun.
I went to 3 events in one week when I started.
Posted
A little outdated but still stands I think… the ethical slut is a great book and guides through a lot of basics. Wonderful read
Posted
Start in your local lifestyle community. Many groups offer classes, demos and other educational programs. It's not just for newbies either. Learning about different fetish and lifestyle activities can be a lifelong pursuit.
Posted
“The Heart of Dominance” by Anton Fulmen is a great book for Dom and sub starters.
Posted
Typically if you are a sub, an experienced dom should be able to help you. I’m not too sure about teaching a dom to dom, I suppose an experienced sub could or a mentor with another experienced dom. It’s just asking really...the dynamic has changed a lot and there are plenty of things to do, asking the community is always a good thing.
Posted
Listen to the audio book series’s of the salacious players club by Sara Cate. As well as watching the kinktok videos on tiktoc :)
Posted
Unfortunately this site doesn't list local events, workshops, groups or munches. I'm on Fetlife and it has listing for all of these in a person's area. I have discovered some think this site is Fetlife but it is not.
Posted
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been so kind in giving advice and commenting on this. Honestly I know I’m not only speaking for myself but maybe some others newbies to this group when I say I’ve honestly read through and learned some new cool ways to meet/engage locally from the recommendations. So, I seriously wanted to say I appreciate everyone and their advice today, you all are more than amazing!
Posted
3 hours ago, MasterBlur said:
Get yourself a mentor first. Let him lead you and show you what it is all about. Reading is useful but our experiences are worthless.

I couldn’t agree more! Being able to learn and practice hands without tension is really helpful in learning to be comfortable and confident in your skills.

Posted
I dont know it i am confident enough to attend a munch alone yet. But also i dont have people that i would be okay on telling people about my kinks. So i am been silently reading. I have issues with rejections and social anxiety. Has anyone over came this before.
Posted
Munches are a good place to meet like minded people and sometimes they can be very educational.