ADVICE FOR NEWBIES.

Goddess_Fifi

Posted
Great adviceā€¦. Or just make a fetlife acct and find your local kink community. Go to a munch and educational events and then ultimately play parties.
Posted
Good advice and having a decent profile really can make all the difference.

Equally getting involved in the site, particularly the forums helps, it enables people to give a flavour of themselves beyond their profile
Goddess_Fifi
Posted
2 minutes ago, hellhoundsub said:
Great adviceā€¦. Or just make a fetlife acct and find your local kink community. Go to a munch and educational events and then ultimately play parties.

I would give them the same advice over there. Honestly when I see a profile that lacks content I just scroll on and I'm sure others do the same.

Posted
Preach. Say it again for the ones that cannot hear in the back. Thank you. This is spot on
Goddess_Fifi
Posted
7 minutes ago, whipped said:
As somebody new here, this seems great advice... Thanks! X

You're welcome šŸ¤—.

Posted
The other advice for those struggling to come up with a profile is have a look around at other people of a similar age/gender to yourself, there are some good profiles out there if you look.
Obviously don't copy and paste completely or plagiarise but they're great for getting ideas or sparking thoughts - both for content style and pictures.
Goddess_Fifi
Posted
3 minutes ago, doubletrouble129 said:
Preach. Say it again for the ones that cannot hear in the back. Thank you. This is spot on

I appreciate you saying this, I know people may struggle to meet people, often time's they cannot see that they are the ones in their own way. There is more to be said about their profile but I didn't want to be vicious šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦šŸ¾ā€ā™€ļø.

Goddess_Fifi
Posted
3 minutes ago, gemini_man said:
The other advice for those struggling to come up with a profile is have a look around at other people of a similar age/gender to yourself, there are some good profiles out there if you look.
Obviously don't copy and paste completely or plagiarise but they're great for getting ideas or sparking thoughts - both for content style and pictures.

Yes definitely for 'sparking ideas', also for style and imagery.

YorkshireBiker
Posted

Experience seems to play a big part in this, Iā€™m quite new and inexperienced so I struggle with my profile as I simply donā€™t know yet. You inspired me to update it at least with some new found likes.Ā 

Posted
I'd also say read other peoples profiles too. Nothing worse than getting someone bombard with messages that have clearly ignored everything you've put on >< I also find Lobby chat a great way to start conversations and networking.
Goddess_Fifi
Posted
4 minutes ago, YorkshireBiker said:

Experience seems to play a big part in this, Iā€™m quite new and inexperienced so I struggle with my profile as I simply donā€™t know yet. You inspired me to update it at least with some new found likes.Ā 

That's great, trust me once you fill out your profile you will get better engagement.

Goddess_Fifi
Posted
3 minutes ago, Firefox_ said:
I'd also say read other peoples profiles too. Nothing worse than getting someone bombard with messages that have clearly ignored everything you've put on >< I also find Lobby chat a great way to start conversations and networking.

All of this! šŸ™ŒšŸ¾šŸ™ŒšŸ¾šŸ™ŒšŸ¾

Posted
Hahaha famous last words but I'll take that profile beef up if it's still available but not a public outing for advice so DM if possible please šŸ˜…
Goddess_Fifi
Posted
If anyone needs help or advice shoot me a message šŸ¤—.
Posted
Do you know what, that's an actually good post with a very valid point. I think most of us breeze through the about us or about me sections expecting to relay that information once to connection was made. I know we are absolutely guilty of this and will take your advice and put some more time and thought into our own profile. ļæ¼
Goddess_Fifi
Posted
5 minutes ago, odinspetfreya said:
Do you know what, that's an actually good post with a very valid point. I think most of us breeze through the about us or about me sections expecting to relay that information once to connection was made. I know we are absolutely guilty of this and will take your advice and put some more time and thought into our own profile. ļæ¼

I should add this doesn't just apply to newbies, people will benefit from refreshing their profiles, I just recently removed some images that don't don't align with who I am anymore.

Goddess_Fifi
Posted
3 minutes ago, Fet-This said:
Feel free to give me all the pointers.
I've always found these places to be a right kick in the self confidence nuts

Personally I find the 'About Me' section on any type of forum the most daunting, however here it was the most liberating because I could lay it all out, who I am without having to worry if people think I'm a nutcasešŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

Posted
I couldn't agree with this more, great advice!

It doesn't have to be War and Peace, but blank or "just ask" means that there's nothing there to grab your attention. I have no interest in sending a message with an interrogation because they couldn't be bothered to write a few words.
Not only that, but it puts the mental and emotional labour onto someone else.
Goddess_Fifi
Posted
2 minutes ago, GoodGirlBetterBrat said:
I couldn't agree with this more, great advice!

It doesn't have to be War and Peace, but blank or "just ask" means that there's nothing there to grab your attention. I have no interest in sending a message with an interrogation because they couldn't be bothered to write a few words.
Not only that, but it puts the mental and emotional labour onto someone else.

It just looks lazy in my opinion.

Posted
I am open to suggestions please as I am new to everything. If anyone wants to kind of point me in all the directions I would appreciate it.
Posted
Exactly. Blank profiles deserve all the ā€œheyā€ DMs they get, bc thatā€™s all the effort theyā€™ve put in.
Goddess_Fifi
Posted
Just now, VerbalVenom said:
Exactly. Blank profiles deserve all the ā€œheyā€ DMs they get, bc thatā€™s all the effort theyā€™ve put in.

Savage šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£