Sex with broken ribs...

Ki****

Posted

This is a really random question but I'm trying to work out if it's possible to have sex with broken ribs... I'm an erotica author, and in the middle of a new novel where my heroine has been injured. If anyone out there (especially women) has any experience of this and can tell me how soon after they were able to have sex or if it were possible to do it while their ribs were still healing it would really help!

The timing is that two weeks after she breaks her ribs she meets her new love interest and given that it's an erotic romance I want them to be able to jump straight into bed but this has to be realistic too.

Any thoughts gratefully received and if I have to change the nature of her *** then I can so if you don't think it would happen just say (I've never broken my ribs so I have no idea how ***ful it is or how long it would be before you could move about normally/have sex...) x

Posted

I've broken my ribs. Most ***ful experience ever! I had to sleep upright in a chair for 2 weeks. Movement was very difficult! So i would say full on sex would be really ***ful and not really possible. What about a different kind of difficult experience like an oral scene perhaps.

Posted

I had 3 broken ribs last year from a skiing accident. It's very possible to still have sex after just 1 week... 😁 Week 3 was much more enjoyable, and by 5-6weeks I was pretty much back to normal activity

Posted

I think if you're heroine is on top it would help her keep support and comfort and avoid accidental compression of the ribs.

Paddywack-3112
Posted

Does it have to be penetrative sex,
She can be some what fulfilled and have minimal movement.
It can be erotic as, she is injured and needs a helping hand

Posted
2 hours ago, suadela said:

I've broken my ribs. Most ***ful experience ever! I had to sleep upright in a chair for 2 weeks. Movement was very difficult! So i would say full on sex would be really ***ful and not really possible. What about a different kind of difficult experience like an oral scene perhaps.

That's useful to know, I will have a think about how to work around this to make it more believable. Maybe bruised, not broken is the way to go x

Posted
2 hours ago, SurrenderUrself said:

I had 3 broken ribs last year from a skiing accident. It's very possible to still have sex after just 1 week... 😁 Week 3 was much more enjoyable, and by 5-6weeks I was pretty much back to normal activity

So if I make it around 3 weeks that they get together, that could work - thanks for your comment, very helpful! x

Posted
1 hour ago, Paddywack said:

Does it have to be penetrative sex,
She can be some what fulfilled and have minimal movement.
It can be erotic as, she is injured and needs a helping hand

No it doesn't, and in a full length erotic romance novel it's always good to vary it up so it doesn't get boring. I like the idea that the caring side of things can be erotic - I suspect slow and sensual is the way to go early on and then they can have the more adventurous sex later on (although it wouldn't be a good erotic novel if I made it too easy for them so plot twists and complications abound...)

Posted
2 hours ago, Thebian said:

I think if you're heroine is on top it would help her keep support and comfort and avoid accidental compression of the ribs.

And put her in control of how much movement there is - it's a good point and I'll put that in. Thanks x

Paddywack-3112
Posted
9 minutes ago, Kinky_kat said:

No it doesn't, and in a full length erotic romance novel it's always good to vary it up so it doesn't get boring. I like the idea that the caring side of things can be erotic - I suspect slow and sensual is the way to go early on and then they can have the more adventurous sex later on (although it wouldn't be a good erotic novel if I made it too easy for them so plot twists and complications abound...)

Hi Kate this is the only way I could get in contact with yourself. I have a collection of short stories, and would love to discuss with you more about your story.
And also would love your judgment upon my offerings.
But due to filters, could not message you properly.
Take care and if you have questions, message me as I can not message you.
Paddy

Paddywack-3112
Posted
9 minutes ago, Kinky_kat said:

Hi Kate this is the only way I could get in contact with yourself. I have a collection of short stories, and would love to discuss with you more about your story.
And also would love your judgment upon my offerings.
But due to filters, could not message you properly.
Take care and if you have questions, message me as I can not message you.
Paddy

Posted

I've never broken ribs, but I'm a sports guy, and I've seen a number of athletes play (football) with broken ribs. I think that's enough to suggest it's definitely possible, but it's typically quite ***ful. They are not always able to do so. Rib injuries can vary in severity and in some cases it would not be advisable to do anything strenuous.

There are also a number of other rib injuries you might look into like cartilage tears if you want something still ***ful but less serious and without changing the *** much.

Posted

Cracked ribs very ***ful restricted breathing due to the *** the worst of it eased after a week but couldn't take weight on me for about a month. 

Posted

I’ve only had bruised ribs, super ***ful! I can’t imagine with broken ribs unless you like *** or your partner is super careful 🤷🏻‍♀️

Posted

Absolutely not. Broken ribs are a complete nightmare. Movement is ***ful, surprise or unexpected movements can be eye wateringly ***ful, even breathing hurts. Sleep can be virtually non existent....muff said really.

Posted
22 hours ago, Kinky_kat said:

This is a really random question but I'm trying to work out if it's possible to have sex with broken ribs... I'm an erotica author, and in the middle of a new novel where my heroine has been injured. If anyone out there (especially women) has any experience of this and can tell me how soon after they were able to have sex or if it were possible to do it while their ribs were still healing it would really help!

The timing is that two weeks after she breaks her ribs she meets her new love interest and given that it's an erotic romance I want them to be able to jump straight into bed but this has to be realistic too.

Any thoughts gratefully received and if I have to change the nature of her *** then I can so if you don't think it would happen just say (I've never broken my ribs so I have no idea how ***ful it is or how long it would be before you could move about normally/have sex...) x

Broken leg?

I've had sex a few weeks after surgery to put a metal rod in my leg. Doable with some thought (like supporting my leg with pillows)

Posted

Be careful - if the rib separates and shift a punctured lung is on the cards. Best to wait a few weeks until first stage healing is over imho.

Posted

How recent was the break? From personal experience within the the first week after a rib(s) break it’s ***ful putting your pants on never mind getting in the good foot and doing the bad thing!! Anything that makes you breathe deeply is uncomfortable and ***ful - and quite dangerous depending on what ribs cracked.

Posted

I think most breaks are treated by immobilising the broken part to allow it to heal itself. The trouble with ribs is that the only way to immobilise them is to stop you breathing! Still, new one on breathe control I suppose

Posted

I think most breaks are treated by immobilising the broken part to allow it to heal itself. The trouble with ribs is that the only way to immobilise them is to stop you breathing! Still, new one on breathe control I suppose