Starting a new life

ChubbyChuck

Posted

Hello guys :)

I have something that I would like to do for at list 3 years and I wanna share for the first time, and I chose to be here :)
I'm dreaming of changing my life. But first a little bit of context.
Long story short: I'm 22, I have a job that eats me 12 hours a day, 6 out of 7, I am alone and I have some problems with my weight that crushes my self esteem.
I'm 100 Kg right now, (my lowest in this three years) and 170cm. Right now my job easts most of my time and I can't concentrate on a healthier lifestyle although I wish.
Because I consider myself a an open minded person I would like to start something like a campaign, something like "HEEEELP ME".
What I imagine to be? Well I would love to work less and have more time for me, health and passions. So in the beginning I would like to start by working 1 day less, witch means like 20% of my income going down. 
I wanna talk to those of you who are willing to help me to start with some advice.

So here is my plan :
Step 1: Work one day less
Step 2: Keep the weekend just for me and it will be separated in (healthy eating, documentation about nutrition, sport and chit-chatting + updating with those who will support me) 

Step 3: Keep up the good work

I wrote this here because is Munch section and when I signed up I received a message in witch was written "we are a family".

If you like my idea send me a message, with your ideas about what can I do. Who knows, maybe some of us are trainers!

Good luck to everyone. 

Posted

So. You have choices.

Pretty much everyone wants to work less, haha, but you seem to be working excessive hours which is leading to unhappiness.

First off. If you dropped your working hours - can you survive from the reduced income?   Do you need to make any sacrifices to account for the reduced income?

Can you use the extra time to advantage?

-

Years ago, I was in a job I hated which had me feeling exhausted because of the working hours.  I had very little motivational energy outside of work because of this.   What I did, I swapped my shifts around and worked fewer hours.  This, in turn, meant I had lower income - but - I used the free time I now had in order to fast track through a college course and apply for other jobs.  This led to a better paid job offer, doing more regular hours, and improved happiness.

-

If your job isn't making you happy - what do you need to change to get a better job?

Posted

Beside my job I have a 2nd source of income in order to have the *** that gave me the priviege to get from 110 to 100 in 5 month of healthy lifestile, but 1 day/week i feel is not enough

Posted
2 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

So. You have choices.

Pretty much everyone wants to work less, haha, but you seem to be working excessive hours which is leading to unhappiness.

First off. If you dropped your working hours - can you survive from the reduced income?   Do you need to make any sacrifices to account for the reduced income?

Can you use the extra time to advantage?

-

Years ago, I was in a job I hated which had me feeling exhausted because of the working hours.  I had very little motivational energy outside of work because of this.   What I did, I swapped my shifts around and worked fewer hours.  This, in turn, meant I had lower income - but - I used the free time I now had in order to fast track through a college course and apply for other jobs.  This led to a better paid job offer, doing more regular hours, and improved happiness.

-

If your job isn't making you happy - what do you need to change to get a better job?

i feel what you say, or at least I hope so..
If I drop that one day, no, is not enough, that extra day give me the *** to what I know to be healthy, like salmon and other fishes, that is the way i've lost weight in the past months, fish and 4 meals/day