The Girl In The Mirror

Sa****

Posted

As I walk up to the room, there are two looking glasses. I go to the first one and look through it. 

What I see is an insecure woman, high maintenance, she needs reassurance from her partner and wants to have a different body size.

She looks weak to me;  It makes me sad and I want to look away. After seeing what I saw in the first looking glass, I am not sure I want to look through the second one. I take a deep breath, and steeled myself, and look through it, I am shocked at what I see. 

I see this beautiful woman, with a beautiful radiant smile. She looks confident and strong. As I look harder through the glass I realized three things, and I am shocked to my core. That is the same woman I saw from the first looking glass. How can this be? How can she look so different?

As I am staring at her, I see him walk through the door; I see him light up at the sight of her. You can see the love he has for her. That’s when I realized I am looking at myself and I am looking through his looking glass.

As I walk away, I thought "Why is the way I see myself so different from the way he sees me? Why did I only see the negative stuff about me?"

That’s when I realized that sometimes we need to see ourselves through someone else’s eyes, someone that loves us, to see the beauty that is within us. 

I stop in my tracks and turn around and run back to the first looking glass, and now I can see that beautiful woman from the second looking glass, I still see all the negative stuff, but it’s muted. 

I smile to myself as I walk away with more confidence. Seeing yourself from a fresh perspective can make a world of difference. 

Learn to love yourself and see yourself as those that love you do.

Posted

"Applauds"  Beautifully written @Sara-Secrets and so true, if only everyone could see their true beauty both inside and out and see how truly wonderful they are.....I think if they did, there would be a lot more happier people in the world.  Thank you for writing this and sharing with us. 💗🧚‍♀️

Posted
5 minutes ago, PixieDust said:

"Applauds"  Beautifully written @Sara-Secrets and so true, if only everyone could see their true beauty both inside and out and see how truly wonderful they are.....I think if they did, there would be a lot more happier people in the world.  Thank you for writing this and sharing with us. 💗🧚‍♀️

Thank you so much, that was a beautiful thing of you to say.

Posted

Bravo! An outstanding start to posting on the forum lil' one.

As @PixieDustsaid, seeing your genuine beauty is an enormous step to knowing how very much you are worth to those around you. :clap::heart:

Posted
4 minutes ago, Thebian said:

Bravo! An outstanding start to posting on the forum lil' one.

As @PixieDustsaid, seeing your genuine beauty is an enormous step to knowing how very much you are worth to those around you. :clap::heart:

Love you, thank you for the encouragement to post this and taking the time to encourage me in writing my little tidbits.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sara-Secrets said:

Love you, thank you for the encouragement to post this and taking the time to encourage me in writing my little tidbits.

*Insert pun about "tidbits" here.* :P:joy:

Posted

This is beautifully written @Sara-Secrets it's hit very close to home with me as this is me also!!!!! I honestly have no words I'm speechless, this is such a stunningly written, beautiful piece of writing!!!! I'm still learning to love myself it's a working progress but reading this has made me happy and know like yourself I am loved by a great man in my life! Thank you for sharing 😊💓

Posted
4 minutes ago, lil-monster said:

This is beautifully written @Sara-Secrets it's hit very close to home with me as this is me also!!!!! I honestly have no words I'm speechless, this is such a stunningly written, beautiful piece of writing!!!! I'm still learning to love myself it's a working progress but reading this has made me happy and know like yourself I am loved by a great man in my life! Thank you for sharing 😊💓

Thank you for your kind words.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sara-Secrets said:

Thank you for your kind words.

You're very welcome ☺️

Posted
21 minutes ago, xander420 said:

so. beautiful ['=

Thank you

Posted

very true words sara, hits home but so relatable. love you girl xxxx

Posted
18 minutes ago, JenX said:

very true words sara, hits home but so relatable. love you girl xxxx

Thank you,love ya too

Posted

As others have said this is an inspiring piece of writing that’s so applicable to so many people. Thanks for posting

Posted

Sometimes all we need is a different pair of eyes, as we stand shoulder to shoulder looking Into the mirror. We can become so blinkered by what we see we fail to see all the important things that really do matter. Society, sadly teaches us to only look for certain things, yet those new eyes can often see so so much more than we ourselves, actually do.

Posted

Absolutely love this, it also hits home I’m so proud of you for sharing with everyone, your writing amazes me from your tidbits to this love you my kinky bitch xx

Posted
4 hours ago, RopeMaster2408 said:

As others have said this is an inspiring piece of writing that’s so applicable to so many people. Thanks for posting

Thank you

Posted
5 minutes ago, Sara-Secrets said:

Thank you

3 hours ago, Donnykinkster said:

Sometimes all we need is a different pair of eyes, as we stand shoulder to shoulder looking Into the mirror. We can become so blinkered by what we see we fail to see all the important things that really do matter. Society, sadly teaches us to only look for certain things, yet those new eyes can often see so so much more than we ourselves, actually do.

Agreed 

Posted
49 minutes ago, Sinstress said:

Absolutely love this, it also hits home I’m so proud of you for sharing with everyone, your writing amazes me from your tidbits to this love you my kinky bitch xx

Aww..thank you for all the support and encouragement you give me. Lobe you my kinky Bitch ❤️

Posted
On 11/28/2020 at 6:18 PM, Sara-Secrets said:

As I walk up to the room, there are two looking glasses. I go to the first one and look through it. 

What I see is an insecure woman, high maintenance, she needs reassurance from her partner and wants to have a different body size.

She looks weak to me;  It makes me sad and I want to look away. After seeing what I saw in the first looking glass, I am not sure I want to look through the second one. I take a deep breath, and steeled myself, and look through it, I am shocked at what I see. 

I see this beautiful woman, with a beautiful radiant smile. She looks confident and strong. As I look harder through the glass I realized three things, and I am shocked to my core. That is the same woman I saw from the first looking glass. How can this be? How can she look so different?

As I am staring at her, I see him walk through the door; I see him light up at the sight of her. You can see the love he has for her. That’s when I realized I am looking at myself and I am looking through his looking glass.

As I walk away, I thought "Why is the way I see myself so different from the way he sees me? Why did I only see the negative stuff about me?"

That’s when I realized that sometimes we need to see ourselves through someone else’s eyes, someone that loves us, to see the beauty that is within us. 

I stop in my tracks and turn around and run back to the first looking glass, and now I can see that beautiful woman from the second looking glass, I still see all the negative stuff, but it’s muted. 

I smile to myself as I walk away with more confidence. Seeing yourself from a fresh perspective can make a world of difference. 

Learn to love yourself and see yourself as those that love you do.

There's so much I want to say about this...

I don't know where to start.

Thank you.... blessed be 🙏

Posted
29 minutes ago, Bounty said:

There's so much I want to say about this...

I don't know where to start.

Thank you.... blessed be 🙏

Thank you so much 

Posted

My dear chum🙏

wordweaving in perspectives par excellence!

embrace the light that others see in you,the glow reflecting in those mirrors........... Big love💚🙏💚

Posted

@Sara-Secrets Your post reiterated something I've been thinking about a lot recently. These last few weeks I've really started to see what others see in me, and I like it. No! Love it!

Absolutely love how you write. Words are everything to me and those words you posted touched my soul.

@Boldbald Thank you for your magickal mirrors 😚

Posted
6 minutes ago, Boldbald said:

My dear chum🙏

wordweaving in perspectives par excellence!

embrace the light that others see in you,the glow reflecting in those mirrors........... Big love💚🙏💚

Thank you so much

Posted
17 minutes ago, Bounty said:

@Sara-Secrets Your post reiterated something I've been thinking about a lot recently. These last few weeks I've really started to see what others see in me, and I like it. No! Love it!

Absolutely love how you write. Words are everything to me and those words you posted touched my soul.

@Boldbald Thank you for your magickal mirrors 😚

This means so much to me, thank you. I don’t use fancy words, but I write from my heart. It was hard to share this piece, but with the love and encouragement from Thebian, I did. I am so glad that it resonated with you and everyone else.