Riggers!!! I need your advice!!

Ms****

Posted

So as you can see I like to practise shibari.

I want to progress onto suspension.

Can someone with experience please advise where I can find suspension hooks đŸȘ etc where I could install them into my bedroom ceiling and in various places in my home.

I really want to progress with my roping ideas...

Please help!!

Thank you in advance!!

Posted

Can you already tie proper chest/hip ties designed for suspension .know how to tie off lines .etc etc

Posted

Hey Msbigbrown,

Been great seeing you progressing with your self ties.

Don't rush suspensions. It can be mega dangerous. Especially given the nerve and *** flow damage the can happen if you get it wrong. Remember your safety measures for any rope play. Shears and hand bottom checks are vital!
Start with practicing your harnesses and working safe lift points into your rigging. Progress to lifting individual limbs to a suspension point (SP) but with the body weight still firmly on the floor.
You could try standing ties to a SP too for impact play etc. Feet still firmly on the floor!
Get good at the ties, practice and feel confident with the ropes and distribution of body weight and how people bodies move when tied.

Eventually your can progress to lifting using harness and ties just off the floor but don't skip the steps above.

Don't rush and don't be scared to take it back a notch if you feel you need more practice. Remember, what goes up must come down so learning to safely take suspension back down is going to be important when you get to that.

Read the books and info on shibari forums. Watch the tutorial videos online.

You can attend some workshops and classes online via video call too where they can instruct you better if needed and definately get yourself to a workshop once lockdown restrictions end.

Remember this one thing...
"If your think you've practiced enough, double it, and you might be able way there."

As always - shout me if you need any help.

Posted

Oh, regarding the kit needed.... you best bet is actually to get an expetianced builder to one do it. Just say it's for (cough) "exercise equipment". 😉😜

Posted

Autocorrect suck sometimes...
"If you think you've practiced enough, double it and you might just be half way there."

Posted

I know how to chest and hip tie rope for suspension... but lines not yet

Posted
2 minutes ago, Msbigbrown said:

I know how to chest and hip tie rope for suspension... but lines not yet

You'll get there. Like I said... it's been great seeing your progress from the posts you've shared. Keep at it. You'll get it eventually. It's good to see you've got the bug for it!

Posted

Thank you kinkysir for your informative reply. I’ve been practicing a lot.
As it’s my bday coming up I will still my ceiling assessed and hooks etc installed so that it’s ready for me.

I know a fair bit on rope and the safety concerns. I think I learnt about that first, it’s just corona has delayed a lot in my progression.

I have many lady friends waiting to be tied up!!! Lol

Posted

I do hope your not going to use that rope in your pics ?

Posted

Ahh good . But yea as kinky says take your time plenty of video watching make sure your ties are pretty much bang on .double check everything theres plenty of good instructional stuff on you tube

Posted

Thank you. I will take my time don’t worry. I will take all the advice given. Just really exciting 😉😉

Posted

Are you on Fetlife? Lots of riggers on there offering advice & online classes. Christian Red is one & LacedLines. For pure artistry - Mark Varley.

• 1 month later...
Posted
January 26, Curvykate said:

Are you on Fetlife? Lots of riggers on there offering advice & online classes. Christian Red is one & LacedLines. For pure artistry - Mark Varley.

Thank you . I don’t know how I missed this post!!!

Posted
16 hours ago, Msbigbrown said:

Thank you . I don’t know how I missed this post!!!

no problem, hope you find some inspo.