Red Marks on back from Candle Wax

corazcorazon

corazcorazon
Posted

I sessioned with a very well established Domme yesterday and had candle wax on my back - I have had this before from multple previous Dommes, it never left any marks or hurt that much - yesterday it hurt way more than usual and has left red marks on my back - is this normal? I am worried it may have done permanant damage. Will they just fade away completely?

Any advise or recommendations?

Thanks

Posted

Treat it like a burn.... that's what it is.

Ice, not directly to the skin. Keep an eye on it.

Posted

I guess she used the wrong kind of wax...

Posted

For future reference, it was either the wrong type of wax or, more likely, wasnt dropped from a high enough height. Wax cools very quickly, and a few inches can make all the difference.

Posted

Sorry to hear this has happened I question her knowledge as an established Domme as the basics they should know when it comes to wax play
Can you see wether they have blisters ontop of marks ? If that’s the case then you need to seek medical attention

Posted

Sounds like she hasn’t used the correct wax that’s specifically for play. I’d question her knowledge as this is a basic newbie mistake that could have had serious consequences

Posted

Never use paraffin wax (the white kind that is hard and brittle, usually found at the grocery store).  Use a candle with soft wax, that can be easily formed with your fingers at room temperature.  Hold the candle about 12in/30cm above the skin.  If the subject is blindfolded, or otherwise cannot see what is being done, a random swapping of hot wax and ice can also be quite effective.

For the burns, try an antibiotic ointment/cream, like Bacitracin or Neosporin.  The ointments may act more quickly.  But, if the burns are still sore, a cream may be more soothing.  For itching, try a steroid cream with hydrocortisone.  All of these are available "over-the-counter".

Posted

This happened to me once.  I treated it like a minor burn.   It healed up after a week or two.

Posted

As orhers have said You have minor burns. Wrong sort of wax or dropped from to cloae or both.

Use a burn cream and ask you Domme to the right candles.