What Is A Daddy?

Yo****

Posted

In your honest opinion what type of things should a daddy know, do, or understand to be a good daddy? What are Some good qualities and skills a Daddy should have? Describe your idea of the perfect Daddy.

Posted

Someone who understands your limits and is always someone I call on for financially and emotionally when needed

Nikki_Hexy
Posted (edited)

There are a few different kinds of DaddyDom just like there are different kinds of Domanant. Some are gentle and all about the soft play like squishies and cuddles while others are more like brat tamers. It all boils down to needs and requirements of the Daddy/sub dynamic, does the sub/little need a Daddy to be strict with a firm hand for punishments or do they need to be more caring and nurturing?
One thing will always remain a constant however and that is a good Daddy will always be there to care and nurture their sub/little into the best sub/little they can be

Edited by Hexy
Grammar
Posted
1 hour ago, CharityW said:

Someone who understands your limits and is always someone I call on for financially and emotionally when needed

I’m not sure many would agree they are there to be called on financially as part of their responsibility.

Posted

Finance daddies are just one of the many kinds of daddies there are, but sugardaddy springs to mind, but yes, a wide and varied role dependant on what the couple wants

Posted
15 minutes ago, quietlysure said:

Finance daddies are just one of the many kinds of daddies there are, but sugardaddy springs to mind, but yes, a wide and varied role dependant on what the couple wants

I think daddies (or any other financial dynamic) are not allowed on the site unless you have a dominatrix (I believe that's what it is) profile. If you're offering anything involving payment you have to have the € verified profile.

Nikki_Hexy
Posted
18 minutes ago, Bounty said:

I think daddies (or any other financial dynamic) are not allowed on the site unless you have a dominatrix (I believe that's what it is) profile. If you're offering anything involving payment you have to have the € verified profile.

This is correct and down to a tee

Posted

For personal would have be adaptable as wants and needs change. Start with honesty and patience...build trust and establish rules and boundaries. Always communicate and help each other be the best can be and never give up on each other. Daddy should give his protection and safety by always being stern on his rules and expectations. Would want to be Everything to Daddy as he would be Everything to me.

Posted

If you read through the magazine page in this site they will explain lots about the Ddlg community. 
First of all a Daddy is a Man, then a Dom type. 
So he should 

being knowledgeable about the Ds type, have some skills related to the dynamic, a good listener, a caring nature, having some knowledge of human anatomy, ask the right questions, be available most of the time. 

as for financial comment it’s not true that a Daddy should always be a walking wallet. Like the dynamic doesn’t have to be sexual either. 
It’s like any other Ds relationship based on communication and agreements. 

Posted
6 hours ago, Hexy said:

There are a few different kinds of DaddyDom just like there are different kinds of Domanant. Some are gentle and all about the soft play like squishies and cuddles while others are more like brat tamers. It all boils down to needs and requirements of the Daddy/sub dynamic, does the sub/little need a Daddy to be strict with a firm hand for punishments or do they need to be more caring and nurturing?
One thing will always remain a constant however and that is a good Daddy will always be there to care and nurture their sub/little into the best sub/little they can be

Hit the nail on the head Hexy 😁👏

Posted

I was going to go on a ramble about types of daddy Dom, types of Littles, types and roles of age players, and also the non typical roles of a daddy Dom....... but .....you can read all that information already contained within any Google search links and written much better than my 2 pence worth! So I've decided instead just to answer the question posed as it relates to me!
DADDY..... has to be strong physically and mentally, has to have sadistic traits.... but but equally has to have the ability to Cherish and guide. Daddy he is the one authority, above all others, he is the rule maker, the 1 who I turn to and trust. Daddy is the protector, when I'm with my daddy nothing or no one Else Matters

Posted

Mostly agree with @Lilivorydoll  but in my case no sadistic traits. 

@Hexy also seems to have a good definition. It's the reliability factor, the certainty that Daddy will be there.

Posted

A lot of wisdom has preceded me here, well said.

In my humble opinion every little girl will look for different aspects and traits from their particular Daddy.  As has been stated though reliability and continuity are probably key factors. 

Like any Dominant that is good I would encourage any little to ask a prospective Daddy for references or speak to their former girls.  

Whether you are a Top or a bottom being picky is never a bad thing.