Starting a local community

Ornizoth

Posted

Not finding many people who share BDSM or many other kinks obviously. How would one go about finding those who are interested but want to keep a low profile in order to start a local group?

Posted

I imagine you've already investigated this, but have you established there aren't any local munches and so on near you?

Posted (edited)

Nothing I can easily find. Searching everywhere I can think of to find the munches page with no luck. Events and places talk about Nevada and Washington for a long list.

Edited by Ornizoth
Posted

It was the same even here in the UK 20-30 years back, some main munches a few hundred miles away, so after getting sick of traveling hundreds of miles just to attend a munch I was given the chance to start a local one, and it took of big time, you have to be patient at first but once word gets around.  You have to put the time and effort in though, like anything it won't grow without the effort and TLC.

Posted

So. I did a quick look.

I know some areas of the US have problems due to being remote.  It seems a lot more opens up for you if you can get to Boise - but I appreciate that's a 2 hour drive.    I did find a party in Buhl, which seems to be 20 minutes from you - but it was MF couples or single female only

Honestly. My best advice would be to head up to one of the meets in Boise and see if there's enough folk from there for whom something nearer you would work. 

Posted

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am having a problem finding the munch page. Is this something that is easier or only able to find one a lap/desktop?

Posted

Browse > Events

but, what I find... this site is kinda limited to those who list here.  There's a website, findamunch , which pulls listings from multiple places.

That said, I found a lot by searching "Idaho" on Fetlife (and then getting a map out to see what was reasonably close) 

Posted

Thanks, again, Bkacksheep. I'll look into it after I wake.

Posted (edited)

On this site, have you tried searching "Browse->Members"?  The list is organized by distance, from closet to farthest.  It is a long shot, as a lot of folks seem to just start a membership, and then, never return to check their messages.  Or, they're just looking for hook-ups.  Still, it's worth a shot.

Edited by Phoenyx
Posted

I'm fine with hookups, but my browse list is near empty. There are a few, but it seems they haven't logged on for months.

Posted
On 5/28/2021 at 12:17 PM, eyemblacksheep said:

So. I did a quick look.

I know some areas of the US have problems due to being remote.  It seems a lot more opens up for you if you can get to Boise - but I appreciate that's a 2 hour drive.    I did find a party in Buhl, which seems to be 20 minutes from you - but it was MF couples or single female only

Honestly. My best advice would be to head up to one of the meets in Boise and see if there's enough folk from there for whom something nearer you would work. 

I reached out, heading to work while waiting for responses. Thanks again!

cuddles3672
Posted

eyemblacksheep while not looking to start a local munch since have no knowledge of this....while doing research for local munches and events everything is closed down still for the moment as still is 2 weeks away for remainder of our lockdown and only few things reopen up will take still little while before anything starts back up completely I read some only july or end of june for the munches and events but mostly in toronto area which I dont drive so is like 2 hours by bus have not seen anything in my town or close to it so far. Any suggestions?

Posted

my top tip is...

patience

if there's still restrictions stopping meets, then anything you would try to do is also trying to sidestep restrictions

I know this sucks... but, patience in itself is a good trait