Outside perspective

Newandcurious

Newandcurious
Posted

Hello all!

So I was in a D/s and Master/owner situation and I logged into FetLife one day and see that my owner has deleted our relationship and replaced it with someone new. I reach out via text to see why they didn’t tell me and they tell me they don’t need to tell me bc it’s their business not mine. They freaked out at me for being upset and said I was delusional and a cunt. Didn’t I have a right to know? Or am I making a bigger deal out of this than it was. 

Posted
You have the right to know of course but sounds like your ex Dom is not a real master and just hobbier
Posted

finding out your relationship is ended because someone has changed their status is cold in any walk of life

Posted
You are 100% correct, you had a right to know. It's a horrible way to find out - I went through something vaguely similar myself. You are better off without somebody who will disrespect and treat you in such a way, but in the meanwhile embrace your right to be angry and deal with it as you feel you need to.
Posted
This is awful, I am so sorry this happened to you. Does it say when he changed it? Has he kept within his relationship with you while startig to date someone else or did he become cold and distant with you for you to go look towards fetlife?
Regardless, you had every right to know, if in any relationship with him it DOES become your business if he is playing away, especially if you haven't agreed to it.
I hope you tossed him out on his backside.
Posted
😔Sorry about how he treated you. He's horrible.

Rights - I ain't think you literally mean "right", but being specific, you actually don't have a Right to know. You don't have a Right to the details of anyone's life, or to have their attention, or their consideration for your well being.

You have the right to work on managing your own reactions to this. And, going forward, the right to choose your partners with some extra knowledge of the kind of person you should avoid.

Doing what he did does warrant some explanation, ONLY if he wants to claim to care about you, and that he's a good guy. He doesn't, he's not. It's horrible, some people are like that, it sucks, that's life - many people are like that.

It would be nice to know, but if he doesn't want to share his life with you, that's his choice alone. He's free to be a jerk.

Simultaneously, if he's inconsiderate and not handling your question with care, you're free to safely categorise him as bad news. Now he's gone - be happy, celebrate. Now you can go find someone who'll actually treat you well.

Whiskeyjack007
Posted
You are totally right to be upset and concerned, all relationships deserve respect from both parties no matter the dynamics, common decency and manners would demand a heads up on any change, so it seems cowardly and disrespectful to make a unilateral decision
Posted

Unacceptable which ever way you slice it. 

Hard to hear probably but move on and don't ever look back. This creep is not worth it.

Newandcurious
Posted

Thank you everyone who responded.