The term "brat"

Rene724

Posted

So I was checking out all the 'kink links' (idk what they are called, but I thought kink link was cute) and I decided to put "brat" on my profile. Here's the thing, I don't really like the term brat. I feel like it's childish and refers to someone who has no respect at all. Yet the description was perfect for me. I mean what's the point of being a sub if you don't disobey and get spanked once in awhile, right? Idk maybe I'm just a bit of a masochist at heart sometimes. What is your take on the term?

Posted
I like the term brat. I most definitely am one , talking back and misbehaving, all within the limits of still being respectful. I would never disrespect my Daddy. Also , I suppose I like the term because I have found my 'little on this journey, do I like the childishnedd thst the word suggests.
Posted
Brats are exhausting but very fun.
Posted

If you think being a brat is all about getting spanked you are sadly mistaken 

submissives get spanked if it within their limits 

True Dominant can punish a brat in more effectively than spanking  in ways you cannot imagine if you are new to this lifestyle 

so if you are going to behave like a brat be sure you understand the consequences of your actions before "playing " 

sx

Posted
I think it's quite accurate. Be a brat; a disobedient little child, and you get punished
Posted

How you've described brat is largely how it is - often childish and disrespectful : some may also involve pranks : but whilst largely part of a long game towards an ultimate punishment - it is often a game that can be difficult to get right.

Playing-to-be-punished can be part of many dynamics - but it is important to be part of your agreed dynamic.   A little bit brattiness can also be part of any play or dynamic - but doesn't make you a brat.

I've seen people act up in order to be punished, but yeah, often the punishment in those circumstances in being asked to leave and not come back. 

Whilst there's no real true way - the brats I know often tend to have a higher *** threshold - so when they are caught up with they can really take the punishment.  Which figures, someone who winds up but only wants a few soft strokes, there's an imbalance in the fun.

Posted
This is a good one because every one has a diffetent view. Personally I dont like or tolerate bratting very rare I will use any type of spanking as punishment I tend to use stress positions .I very much see serious bratting as very disrespectful. This is just my personal view we are all different if its part of your dynamic embrace it .
Posted

Mouth-Soaping, Corner Time, Stress Positions (as mentioned), Lines

all better punishments for those playing for one ;) 

Posted
4 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

Always ...

Posted

When i was called a brat many years ago for the first time i absolutely hated it! Then when i got to understand it and more importantly accepted that it was/is part of who i am (took a couple of years!) i actually liked it, now to a degree i am proud to say not only am i a brat but i can be a class A cunt! i remember a while back seeing something about brats and it said that there was a difference in brattiness you had times when you just behaved badly (fun,playful and frustrating!) and the other was when you would be told to do something and that moment you think of doing something different and decide that it would be more ‘fun’ to disobey. 

Both are if you get down to it just blatant disrespectful and i can understand why over the years so many Dominants would rather walk away  as they can be a handful and too much effort etc 

i know when i am bratty i don’t normally do it out of disrespect sometimes quite the opposite! i can remember i had a Master/Daddy once who actually used to enjoy watching me go brat mode on other people 👹

Posted
How about little tinker, naughty pest, troublepup, spankateaser...
Posted
7 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

Soap

lemon

vinegar 

ball gag dipped in spices 

As I said Doms are creative creatures 

on the rare occasion I have let me mouth run riot , it was nipped and dipped quickly 

surely if you are misbehaving to get spanked , surely you are better off to flutter or beg or talk sweetly or even better earn what what you want 

Sx 

Posted

I am playfully bratty and don't think there's any disrespect in it. Sometimes my mouth opens before my brain engages. Good job the people I play with get it. 

But yeah, it is a bit childish. I think I enjoy that myself because I'm usually a ***ful overthinker, so being instinctive and 'bratting' is freeing in a way.

It's different for everyone though I guess. 

Oh, and they're called Archetypes. I know 'cos I wrote 'em ;) 

Posted
21 hours ago, sammyb45 said:

True Dominant can punish a brat in more effectively than spanking  in ways you cannot imagine if you are new to this lifestyle 

so if you are going to behave like a brat be sure you understand the consequences of your actions before "playing " 

sx

This, Brats are punished in ways, from my experience with the last few subs i have had (all being brats), that exceed many subs, less about the physical punishment, more about the complete deconstruction.

Posted

Punishments in my understanding is about it being linked to the "failure " or "Disobedience "

As a last a last resort as a means of teaching valuable lesson

my main point here is - there are many many young women identifying as brats 

they are uneducated to lifestyle and they are putting themselves into scenarios they cannot even imagine ....because in their head it's about being fucked n flogged " 

they don't understand what is involved in tasks and training or punishments and rewards , they kick off in order to get attention and punished ... they are using the term  "brat ",

many are looking for kinky sex and submission isn't even on the agenda 

Sx 

Posted
18 hours ago, sammyb45 said:

Punishments in my understanding is about it being linked to the "failure " or "Disobedience "

As a last a last resort as a means of teaching valuable lesson

my main point here is - there are many many young women identifying as brats 

they are uneducated to lifestyle and they are putting themselves into scenarios they cannot even imagine ....because in their head it's about being fucked n flogged " 

they don't understand what is involved in tasks and training or punishments and rewards , they kick off in order to get attention and punished ... they are using the term  "brat ",

many are looking for kinky sex and submission isn't even on the agenda 

Sx 

People can play however they want to play as long as there has been a discussion about limits and expectations before hand there should be no problem for a sub playing up as a Brat getting anything they don't expect. 

That would be non-consensual and is a much bigger issue than 2 people reading different things into a particular label. 

There is no one way to do kink/ BDSM. It''s all about the dynamics within a particular group/couple and how they communicate.  

Posted
On 8/4/2018 at 5:07 PM, sammyb45 said:

sx

If I listed all the ways I could be punished, then this post would be rather long, wouldn't it? I was more focused on what people felt about the word brat and how it represents disobedient subs

Posted

Like I said, I just wanted everyone's opinion. I am a bit more light hearted when it comes to d/s games than most people and never heard "brat" described as a kink before, so I was curious lol. I'm still on the fence about what I am though

Posted

I think generally people are light hearted.  But, there's always exceptions ;) I think it may be that a bit of a brat is part of who you are, but not necessarily the whole.   Everyone is a little bespoke anyway.

Posted
In my mind a brat is an individual who intentionally disobeys their dominant in order to get a reaction and usually a punishment or discipline. Also, speaking from my experience as a dom to a "brat", they are usually natural masochists, and will act out to feel gratified.
Posted
I also think that there's no blanket term though, since everyone's personality is as unique as their fingerprint.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I've had mixed feelings reading the responses to this thread. 

I'm still exploring my role and what this means to me so rather than a little I identify as a babygirl. This at times means that I can be a brat.... for me this is a way of seeking attention. To meet me most people in my life assume that's I'd be a Domme. I've always been a grown up (see that little kid helping the grown ups at the party... that's me) So I find it hard to ask for attention. Really really hard. So maybe with time my bratty nature will diminish to the point where I can just ask Daddy for attention. Until then 😋😋😋😋😋

Posted

Lol something about giving a brat corner and no eye contact. The look on the face when they realise that's coming is priceless 

So much better to with hold than to 'punish' when it's often the 'punishment' they really want

I do miss that dynamic and nuturing part of a relationship