The term "brat"

Rene724

Posted
August 6, 2018, DocSmith said:
The secretary is the only way I know how it can be explained in stages. Check out the movie.

The secretary is the perfect movie Doc!!!!!

Posted
On 8/4/2018 at 12:58 PM, Rene724 said:

So I was checking out all the 'kink links' (idk what they are called, but I thought kink link was cute) and I decided to put "brat" on my profile. Here's the thing, I don't really like the term brat. I feel like it's childish and refers to someone who has no respect at all. Yet the description was perfect for me. I mean what's the point of being a sub if you don't disobey and get spanked once in awhile, right? Idk maybe I'm just a bit of a masochist at heart sometimes. What is your take on the term?

Hmmm, I like the term.  When I was checking out the archetypes and found brat, it fit me perfectly. I was happy to have discovered my archetype and embraced the term. In my day to day life, I am a rule follower. I always do what i'm told and I do it well.  I think being a brat allows for some of the freedom that I don't give myself usually.  To me it is not about disrespect at all, it is a way of engaging a Daddy or Master to see just where the 'boundaries' are and to see how close you can get to those boundaries before you get caught and pulled back.  I find that part of the game stimulating.  Now, I am still new and exploring so maybe being a brat will change or evolve.  

Posted

*Pulls soap box out and clears throat.*

Okay, the term Brat is used to cover a huge amount of different behaviour types. This adds confusion to an already quite complex area, more so for new people.

So bearing in mind that there is no right way, this is just how I break it down in my head.

• Vanilla Brat - The person who acts out for attention and does so with out carrying about the impact it has on others. Often just people who have a lower emotional maturity.
  • Lifestyle Brat - The role that we Identify as a Brat within the community. It can take many forms but often includes humour, a smart mouth, intelligence, and importantly the wish to respect the line that their Dom/me draws. Even if they do toe that line or step way over it on the odd occasion. ;)
  • S.A.M.'s - One for the old hands here. Smart Assed Masochists or SAM's. Often use verbal cues to indicate their need for more S&M play. So a good S.A.M. example phrase would be "My Mother hits harder than that." :joy:  It can be a very useful guide as long as it is taken with a little humility.

That is how I position someone else when I am observing them as a Dom. 

It is entirely possible to be both a Lifestyle Brat and a S.A.M.

Finally, how a Brat is in a chat room and how they are in play are often totally different. Every one has walls of some sort and Brats just have cute funny walls.

*Takes his soap box away with him.*

Posted (edited)

The worst brats are the ones who dont realise it or dont think they are!

Being a brat means being naughty and cheeky on occasion, but without being nasty.

It's not about nastiness.  Just be naughty with the Dominant a little.  Do childish things at times......Its a great stress reliever.  For me its closely tied in with the baby girl role, but not necessarily; that depends on the submissive and the type of role they like to play.

Enjoy your bratiness.  If played properly, it can be fun for both the Dominant and the submissive.

Edited by TammyNatalia
Word missing
  • 2 months later...
Posted

I would love to know more about brats as I’ve been called one I don’t see myself as one

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 10/26/2020 at 10:51 PM, Thebian said:

*Pulls soap box out and clears throat.*

Okay, the term Brat is used to cover a huge amount of different behaviour types. This adds confusion to an already quite complex area, more so for new people.

So bearing in mind that there is no right way, this is just how I break it down in my head.

• Vanilla Brat - The person who acts out for attention and does so with out carrying about the impact it has on others. Often just people who have a lower emotional maturity.
  • Lifestyle Brat - The role that we Identify as a Brat within the community. It can take many forms but often includes humour, a smart mouth, intelligence, and importantly the wish to respect the line that their Dom/me draws. Even if they do toe that line or step way over it on the odd occasion. ;)
  • S.A.M.'s - One for the old hands here. Smart Assed Masochists or SAM's. Often use verbal cues to indicate their need for more S&M play. So a good S.A.M. example phrase would be "My Mother hits harder than that." :joy:  It can be a very useful guide as long as it is taken with a little humility.

That is how I position someone else when I am observing them as a Dom. 

It is entirely possible to be both a Lifestyle Brat and a S.A.M.

Finally, how a Brat is in a chat room and how they are in play are often totally different. Every one has walls of some sort and Brats just have cute funny walls.

*Takes his soap box away with him.*

Absolutely nothing I can add to that 👏🏻 spot on Thebian