Best way to get into BDSM without dating apps.

Si****

Posted
Hey guys, I’m new to BDSM and I just want to know what is the best way to start out In BDSM outside of dating apps, How can I find someone with the similar kinks and fetishes that I have?
Posted

I'd argue the best way to get into BDSM is without dating apps 

Simply turn up to munches and events in your locality.

Of course, there are sites like this one which have a trove of information and it may well be that using info can help you hit the ground running when you go out and about

Posted
Just go to some local munches you can find them on here or on the website version.
Posted
Before you do any finding people with similar kinks and fetishes that you have - I'd suggest taking a step back and gaining a little self-understanding first - understand what it is about BDSM that appeals to you and what you think your role and style would be - what makes you tick in other words.
Read and learn as much as you can, gain as much knowledge as you can, and get to a point where you can explain to others what your view of BDSM is and what it means to you, as well as your expectations both of the lifestyle and anyone you may meet.
Get along to events and munches (socials for kinksters) and talk to people, not with a view to anything happening, but to grow knowledge and make contacts socially etc.
Reflect what you have learned and what you are looking for in your profile here.
Once you have done all that and more, you shouldn't need to ask what is the best way to start out 👍🏻
Posted
Personally, I used the other well known fetish site as the initial transition between where I started and now.
I was able to read, and research and chat and ask questions, all whilst taking things at my own pace.
Only then did I begin to think about exploring any of that with another person.

I used a combination of both kinky dating apps and events once I'd done that. I would suggest seeing if you can either attend some munches/fet fayres or if you don't feel able to alone, perhaps make some friends that want 'munch dates' (Platonic friends for the purposes of attending events) first.
Good luck!
Posted
I support what everyone else is saying and just use FetLife to find munches and just go to different groups pages or go in person and see what fits you.
Posted
When is the next munch in Klamath Falls area ????
Posted
Use discord it has all kinds of options n no fee.look up the stuff your interested in with discord and itll have something
Posted
I'm actually a huge nerd, so I started with books that just started to gradually become more intense and frankly ended up being how to books basically. Once I realized that's what I liked I found a partner that enjoyed trying new things as much as I do and we would just test out the waters gently so we could see what we enjoyed and what we weren't really about. Communication is big and it's important to include your partner in every step of the process and not just throw things at them all at once.
Posted
I never knew what I felt being asked to tie someone up but I liked it she liked it sadly single now though
Posted
17 minutes ago, eugene742 said:
What is a munches?

Fetlife groups will have get togethers at public places for your to meet and talk to like minded people.

Posted
22 minutes ago, eugene742 said:

What is a munches?

A social event which people who are kinky attend.  they're usually somewhere public like a bar or restaurant 

no play or fetishes take part - but they are a good way to meet other people who are kinky and are a kinda gateway into the community 

if you google findamunch it's the most comprehensive directory 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
August 4, poiznpassion said:

Fetlife groups will have get togethers at public places for your to meet and talk to like minded people.

Do you know where I could find into about munches in tasmania, Australia? Please x

Posted
47 minutes ago, Erotic-bratz-sub said:

Do you know where I could find into about munches in tasmania, Australia? Please x

Best bet is Google "Munches Tasmania" I just did that and found a few links - how active those groups are now I don't know but worth a look