Best adult website??

Posted
FET doesn't have to be the best I guess the question is is it worth it is it reality I've been a free member for about 4 days now and I was thinking about upgrading my package however in the last 24 hours they have tried everything in the dirty book to make themselves look appealing and I know the second I pay all these profile that are close to me will disappear, I say profiles because another of them are fake.

Please help, am I right? Please set me straight, if anyone, employee or member can move my needle just a little bit in favor of FET's validity I'll gladly upgrade to the fullest and promote enthusiastically.
Posted
And come on dude do you really have the amount they want you to pay free each month?

I mean I don't know about you but I've even had to quit smoking things are getting so expensive let alone pay for a website that might have what I'm looking for but more than probable it won't. Good luck though
Posted
Idk but need to get rid of the girls promoting, advertising, and asking for ***
Posted
I've managed to meet a few people using this site. You'll get a lot of fakes but honestly as far as kinky dating goes I can't think of a more genuine site than this one. And I've tried a few.
Posted
Yoo, there aren't many fakes on Heres, just inactive accounts, I would say this is one of the two websites actually worth having premium on, this and fetlife
Posted (edited)

I know what you're talking about with the vanishing messages/conversations once you go premium & 8 wouldn't say this site is like that, that you sign up, get a bunch messages, upgrade & then it's a ghost town - there isn't really a push to get people to sign up for premium & you actually do not need to upgrade at all, to use most of the sites features, as they are free, this site does give you more for free, than most of these kind of sites, you just get some extra features with premium accounts but you could use the site for years & never upgrade. 

Edited by Deleted Member
Spelling
Haircutter156
Posted
It all seems pretty dead to me. No replies to anything!
Posted
I've not noticed the slightest difference in terms of local profiles between when I am not upgraded and when I am - none disappear when I'm upgraded for sure.
Yes there are *some* profiles which are either fakes or scammers, but the site is very effective at removing them *IF* they are reported and it's proven they are fake.
Any insinuation that the site is somehow behind those profiles is in my opinion not only false but pretty disrespectful too.
In the almost a year I've been using the site I've not felt in the slightest that the site tries to make itself look appealing in order to secure paid members beyond making some aspects of the site available to upgraded members only - and even then you don't have to pay to get an upgrade, secure enough points by being active on the site and you can use them to upgrade - so hardly the site trying to push you to pay, and even as a free member there is plenty to make the site worth using.
I've actually found the site to have a real community feel mostly, especially if you get involved in the forums etc and a generally great and easy to use resource - but I guess it depends what your primary purpose of using the site is.
Remember to that the site is not *just* a dating site it's so much more, so has no need to tempt you with non-existent profiles etc like some sites do.
It's also worth bearing in mind that membership of the site (whether paid or unpaid) is no guarantee of meeting people - and if that is your primary use of the site it takes time and effort for that to happen.
Posted

so the 'disappearing profiles' is well, no matter what controls you put in place there is always those who will get through who are going to break the site rules - and so if you're talking to someone and suddenly find their profile has been deleted it's usually because they've been working a few people and asked at least one other for cash or some sorts.  It at least saved you continuing a conversation with a scammer.

What I would suggest if you're unsure... you can earn 'points' on the website by making posts, adding photos, verifying photos, so on - and you can trade in points for a short burst of VIP and you can use that to see if the difference in what that unlocks is worth it for you.

Or, alternatively - you can always take something for a month or two, and then stop

Posted

As far as I know, there aren't any profiles that will disappear. The fake profiles don't appear to be affiliated with the site, and the site does a passable job of removing them. That said, I don't think it's worth it to upgrade, and actually prefer the unupgraded membership. I regret even getting the free birthday upgrade. I suppose it could be worth it if you just come for the nudes, but I'm happy never seeing ugly naked people in my feed.

The real reason I would never pay for this site is their tactics though. I think unwanted redirects are the most bush league website practice, and I refuse to financially support any website that redirects me without my consent (you'd think a fetish website would understand consent). This website redirected me to several other pages when I tried to go to the homepage. I thought it was a bug at first and reported it. Tech confirmed it was intentional, and said it was because many members have trouble finding different areas of the site (bullshit, but whatever). Lately, I've only been redirected to the membership page, and when I try to leave, the site has the audacity to ask why I stopped. Oddly enough, there's no option to say I was redirected against my will. 

Posted
38 minutes ago, kansas-city539 said:

I agree with this point

Posted
31 minutes ago, Haircutter156 said:

No replies doesn't mean it's dead though - just means the messages you've sent haven't been replied to by the recipient for whatever reason.
You only have to look at the forums and chat rooms to see the site is very much alive and has active members.

Posted
43 minutes ago, kansas-city539 said:

And if you report them they usually are pretty effective at removing them - the site can't be expected to monitor each and every profile for the things you are talking about, so is reliant on genuine members flagging those profiles that break the site rules.

Posted
25 minutes ago, Haircutter156 said:

Its not a hugely active site, as in super high visitor numbers & there are lots of inactive profiles, people sign up nose around & don't log in again but don't delete accounts either & you have to check profiles last log in date or the majority of messages you are sending could be going to profiles that haven't been active for months & therefore won't get replies. 

I see lots complaining on here "I don't get replies" and pushing that all on to the message receivers but if you message people who don't have similar kinks, obviously they won't reply, if you live outside someone's prefered distance, then they won't reply, if they didn't like your first message, then they won't reply, if they aren't attracted to you, then they won't reply... The list of reasons why someone doesn't reply goes on & on & I think some on here, & other sites, have unrealistic expectations that just because you messaged 50 members that all 50 will reply, will all be throwing themselves at you, will be begging to be your sub/dom/domme & some people just need a reality check, that isn't going to happen, sending someone a message doesn't automatically mean you will get a reply & those who expect it like that are often the ones who comment about it not being like that, that no one replies, I've had plenty not reply to me but if I walked round a bar asking every woman to get with me, I suspect the odds of them saying no, wouldn't be dissimilar, to the figures of, a non-reply on here

Posted
I get what you’re saying it does feel like that
Posted
I'm interested in understanding what Fet have done in the past 24hrs that makes them more appealing than the previous 3 days?
In terms of picking up on fake accounts, Fet do a really good job, not only when I've reported them but also by realising and blocking an account often before I've even read a message. No site is ever going to stop all fake accounts they can only ever attempt to manage it. I feel a lot more secure here than I do on another well known site who do absolutely nothing about it
Posted
1 hour ago, fartboy29 said:

Dude you are correct about everything! Take it from someone who got stung and then bullied because of my fetish. DON'T PAY

The topic is about sites that scam members, using staff to send messages out to push people to sign up for premium accounts & once you do those conversations die - you are talking about a MEMBER who stung you & bullied you, it wasn't the site, it wasn't Fetish.com that stung you or bullied you, it was an individual, that, by the looks of it, you was gullible enough to send *** to - totally different situation to what original post was talking about so no they are not correct about everything they said in relation to premium accounts on here. 

Posted

one thing that was suggested some time ago was for there to be "greeters" to welcome new members to the site and a first point of contact for anyone who was lost or finding their way around

and then it seems people now feel that greeters are pushy

I guess do people want support or not?

Posted

(equally, from some of my understanding - the greeters do quickly fish out a lot of the scammers - as they will send their greet "hi welcome to the site" and then get back a "wanna buy content" message and subsequently have them blocked) 

Posted
There are simple features I'd expect of a paid subscription that are not available and the developer is unmotivated to rectify (e.g. filter by country ... we don't all live in the US). So I'm letting my subscription lapse when it is due next. I do like to support sites by subscribing but for me this was unfortunately a waste of ***.
Posted

you can filter by country and location... ?

Posted
So what do you get if you pay. I don't see why cause I still get local hits
Posted
37 minutes ago, Toronto-DaddyDom said:
There are simple features I'd expect of a paid subscription that are not available and the developer is unmotivated to rectify (e.g. filter by country ... we don't all live in the US). So I'm letting my subscription lapse when it is due next. I do like to support sites by subscribing but for me this was unfortunately a waste of ***.

I filter both my searches and newsfeed by location and can even adjust the radius from my own postcode to include - so not sure why you're not able to