Is BDSM a Lifestyle or Recreation for you?

Ar****

Posted

Is this a lifestyle for you? is this a Recreation for you?
To us it’s a lifestyle it’s something that you live day in and day out, we would like to hear from other like-minded people and how they go about their days.

Posted
It's a way of life.

Respect for others is the biggest part of BDSM, and if you carry that through to things outside of the immediate kinks. It makes life more bearable.

As for the rest, open communication, consequences, everything. Its all lifestyle.

If you take any of that away, it's no longer kink.

Everyone has something they're into. Hell, even no kink is a kink nowadays.

Yes, there are aspects that are recreational, but if you take in the premises of being a good person. BDSM is lifestyle.
Posted
For me it's neither - it's not something I live 24/7 or would want to, but it's not a casual thing either.
My submission is something innate and that I take very seriously, but it's also not all consuming and something I have to have at any cost - but at the same time (and this is something I've been thinking a lot about lately) I'm not sure I could have a relationship that was completely devoid of kink either.
So I'm not sure I'm even somewhere in the middle of those two things, I'm uniquely me and happy to bumble along as I have done for 25 years or so doing things my way.
DeviantInside
Posted
Yes and no… to both questions… always happy to help. 🙃

So currently a moot point but the relationships that have worked best for me personally in the past have been a version of 24/7 where the dynamic is there but often just as an undercurrent. Where it’s not necessarily played upon at any moment… but could be played upon at any moment. That is with the caveat that it has always been a discreet part of my life. Whilst I go to munches now, and previously was out most weekends in London at fetish clubs, afterparties and parties, I am selective as to who and how much I am open with about it. Obviously I have kink friends and some vanilla friends that know about it, but I equally have people and parts of my life that are completely separate from it. Even my kink friends don’t necessarily know all the things I have done or enjoy.
Posted
6 hours ago, ArtinDarknessStudio said:

Is this a lifestyle for you? is this a Recreation for you?

Yes

Posted
24 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

Yes

Ur tryi to say it’s both for u ?
Please elaborate

Posted
Started out as recreation, became a lifestyle and kind a fizzed back into recreation
Posted
11 minutes ago, janieiswild said:
Started out as recreation, became a lifestyle and kind a fizzed back into recreation

Tell us how it fizzled out…
Normally it’s redundancy and not new adventures… that causes that…
So please elaborate

Posted
1 minute ago, ArtinDarknessStudio said:

Tell us how it fizzled out…
Normally it’s redundancy and not new adventures… that causes that…
So please elaborate

I just stopped. Now I’m not sure how to get back in

Posted
1 minute ago, janieiswild said:

I just stopped. Now I’m not sure how to get back in

Well tell us here or messages what part of the lifestyle are u…
Dom sub brat
Tell us what lured u in the first time

Posted

I'm kinky every day, I don't stop having kinks - nor does my partner

we don't 'play' every day nor see the benefit in any form of strict dynamic - especially as we're both switches