Does instant mutual attraction exist?

Ch****

Posted

As in the title, does it exist? The reason I'm bringing this up is due to an interaction im having with someone right now. I've known this person for about a year, but only as an associate and not on a personal level. But when we are around each other we are naturally playing around and flirting. Today we spent a good few hours together on a personal level and the only way I can describe it as you feel as if you have known them all of your life and vice versa. We spent all afternoon together laughing and playing around I don't think I have had the feeling of being that comfortable and at ease with someone so quickly. It seems to be happening mutually .the small hints I have put out haven't been pushed away and have been reflected back too. I could be totally wrong in how I read this, that is why I'm asking the question as in the title.

Posted
Absolutely. I've had a similar experience with one person I've known for 6yrs. The attraction was instant, mutual, and we organically ended up together. We've dated twice and been together physically 3x over the past 6rs, last time being a few weeks ago. It doesn't matter how long it's been. I've never felt more seen, comfortable, or passionate in front of any other man. This includes my ex of 4yrs.
Posted

It's that unique electric feeling when it does happen.  Yes it is true and can come from any unexpected situation.

Posted
20 minutes ago, smeagol said:

It's that unique electric feeling when it does happen.  Yes it is true and can come from any unexpected situation.

Yes it did feel like this, I've not ever had it happen before like that. But I could feel it coming back mutually . That's what made me ask here

Posted

Mutual attraction can most definately happen yes. 

But it usually is only felt in person. Not online. Ive had more connections in real life by the scent of someone, their style, the way they dress, behave, laugh. You can just tell in person and its most definately easy to feel their draw to you also. 

Online keeps you guessing. A lot put on a front. Sometimes an online thing that leads to a meet just lacks everything you felt online. 

If you feel good and believe she does, take that leap 💜

Posted
Can I ask a question.....

What are you waiting for.....

Yes it exists
Posted
Absolutely. It’s how we’re made.
Instant attraction is amazing.
MasterWakka hit the nail on the head.
You just don’t know if it’ll last.
I’m a firm believer in jumping in 100% and letting that relationship burn white hot for as long as it plays.
Try not to muck it up with the business of living as long as you can.
The potential to hurt terribly is there, but in my experience, things don’t go that way.
With a little maturity, you’ll have a friend for life. One with whom you shared one of the most wonderful times of your life.
Posted
Yes. Someone I have this with calls it a cerebral connection - our brain waves are similar. I feel like I’ve known them forever. Their face & even their name is familiar to me, though we’ve only recently met. It’s an almost freakish kinship as the list of similarities is long and the attraction, very strong. Like a bond is already there.
Posted
11 hours ago, PersephoneX said:

Yes. Someone I have this with calls it a cerebral connection - our brain waves are similar. I feel like I’ve known them forever. Their face & even their name is familiar to me, though we’ve only recently met. It’s an almost freakish kinship as the list of similarities is long and the attraction, very strong. Like a bond is already there.

This is what I was getting. I did see them again yesterday and I waited for them to see me to see what would happen, and it confirmed it by the reaction I got 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
I hope so. Meeting someone tomorrow finally and pray we both feel something strong.
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted

Yes, instant mutual attraction does indeed exist, sadly for me it's quite rare, mostly because I'm plus-size, which puts a lot of people off. 

However, 10 years ago I met someone where there was an instant mutual attraction, it was incredibly strong too... Like we couldn't take our eyes off each other ... Hell, I wanted to crawl across the table that was between us and ride him right there n then! (Which is also a rare reaction from me... Most guys are zzz, as opposed to so many  attractive women out there!!) 

Unfortunately it was too much, we brought out the worst in each other, while the sparks flew and the sex was amazing, the rest of it was toxic, so we went out seperate ways. 

We met again some years later and the attraction was still there, but maturity kept us from repeating our past