Usernames

Posted
Hopefully they studied a little of the history before choosing the name rather that use it for cosmetic purposes. 🤔
Posted
And if they did read the history of some aspects... I'd be interested to understand the reasoning behind the selection?
Posted
That's not the worst of what he did either. Much darker things
Posted
4 hours ago, Bearded-switch said:
And if they did read the history of some aspects... I'd be interested to understand the reasoning behind the selection?

Hence the question

Posted
It's not only the De Sade variations I'd put question 1 to personally - I mean perhaps BackDoorSmasher and C**tPounder could stop by and explain their choices too 🤔
Posted
12 minutes ago, gemini_man said:
It's not only the De Sade variations I'd put question 1 to personally - I mean perhaps BackDoorSmasher and C**tPounder could stop by and explain their choices too 🤔

Well, those too 🤣

Posted
Dunno the reference of someone you speak of.
But by god usernames are everything on here.
I literally run at some of them.
Scary people who dont put much thought in.
Baffles me lol
Posted
27 minutes ago, Finally_Jen said:
Dunno the reference of someone you speak of.
But by god usernames are everything on here.
I literally run at some of them.
Scary people who dont put much thought in.
Baffles me lol

He ***d prostitutes, committed sodomy, r*pe, p**daphillia and engaged in sexual ***. He then wrote about it in works which were published/banned.
The word sadism stems from his name which is why I think some people use it here but seemingly without knowing who he was

To be fair, I wish I could change my username 🤣

Posted

Masoch
where masochism comes from

wasn't all that much better either

we're doomed 

Posted
I do find some usernames intriguing and scary. I sometimes think its because the user is tying to lure some one in.
--
Its also not just d-types who do it, lots of s-types have usernames that include meat, slut, slave, etc.
Posted

when I rewind back - 9 years - mulling a username for kink spaces

there was so much I wanted to avoid.  

Imagine being at a meet and you've met for a coffee with FootSlut376 but actually you got them muddled up with FootSlut367 and this is awkward. 

Posted
21 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

Masoch
where masochism comes from

wasn't all that much better either

we're doomed 

I've not heard that connection, I'll look it up

Posted
13 hours ago, TheBookCollector said:
I do find some usernames intriguing and scary. I sometimes think its because the user is tying to lure some one in.
--
Its also not just d-types who do it, lots of s-types have usernames that include meat, slut, slave, etc.

I do wonder whether females who do are either
1. Doing it for attention
2. Are new and think that that mindset is what's wanted/an approach that works (I'm sure it does in some respects)

Posted
12 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

when I rewind back - 9 years - mulling a username for kink spaces

there was so much I wanted to avoid.  

Imagine being at a meet and you've met for a coffee with FootSlut376 but actually you got them muddled up with FootSlut367 and this is awkward. 

🤣🤣🤣

Posted
Interesting topic, as always copperknob. Mine actually comes from the nickname Christ gave to Peter, James & John in the original Greek new testament. The English translates into "sons of thunder". Only one person has picked up on this, unfortunately thinking it some play on Thor 🙄😂 understandable, but that wasn't the intent lol
Posted
On 9/21/2022 at 8:47 PM, CopperKnob said:

I say that; he kinda probably was better - but still not great.

Venus in Fur as in the play and film, kinda addresses a lot of the problems in Masochs book 'Venus in Furs' and general behaviour towards women

Posted

Really interesting topic Copper be nice to hear off some of them. Has anyone read the book? Oh Tarrick you have, was it hard to take?. I'd like to, as I find it fascinating and like to see why people do these things, but not sure I've the stomach for it. 

Posted
Yesterday at 09:42 AM, Vic1077 said:

Really interesting topic Copper be nice to hear off some of them. Has anyone read the book? Oh Tarrick you have, was it hard to take?. I'd like to, as I find it fascinating and like to see why people do these things, but not sure I've the stomach for it. 

I downloaded one of the books on kindle. I haven't had chance, or the will to sit down and read it

Posted
Wednesday at 12:47 PM, CopperKnob said:

Sir Leopold Von Sacher Masoch, and he wrote what was considered the quintessential title on submissive nature, Venus in Furs.

Like Philosophies of the Boudoir, I think they are both interesting to read to get a sense of how Sadomasochism began to be documented, but to call either a "bible" of the scene would be the most sophomoric thought ever constructed.

• 4 months later...
Posted

But.... both of the men mentioned have lent their names to mainstream Roles and Archetypes on here, the little pink boxes in some profiles. You could argue that Casanova would be another and is himself associated with his own complex, the thrill of the chase, not so much the consummation. Probably did more harm over the years than the two 'gentleman' mentioned as he had syphillis. 

It's maybe a more in your face advert of your persona than Lady/Lord/Mistress/Master but at least you know immediately what you're dealing with. For a significant minority here, the giver of *** is a huge draw. That said, they obviously should not spam. Edgeplay is a niche and should be targetted at those one finds compatible. As for the Pounders and Destroyers. Lame misogynists. 

Posted

Follow up... CK, I recall there is a once a year rename option, for those who were half cut or maybe a bit casual when they signed up in a rush and made a spelling mistake. They don't want you shape-shifting weekly to segue away from the carnage caused by inappropriate behaviour, but a one off is fine. Meaning you can become Copper? where the ? is a well thought out addendum as I think Copper suits you down to the ground, maybe not the 'Knob' bit! An interesting accident. What would said Knob look like folks? A polished copper dome or the standard green oxidised variant?