Taking on what I believe is a princess

Posted
I have my suspicions but I don't want to misjudge a new potential.
Any princesses in here able to give me some irrefutable evidence of what to pay attention to when I'm dealing with a princess.
What signs should I look for?
I have a potential who wants to join my House but she has no experience. I suspect she might be a princess, but I'm looking to confirm my suspicions.
Posted (edited)

Maybe a better question would be what are you looking for and does she meet that?

Edited by UK_Knight
Posted
1 hour ago, Sire_Osiris said:
That is not my question.

But as UK_Knight pointed out it is potentially a better question - the way your OP is phrased almost sounds like you're trying to shoehorn her into a "category" rather than considering whether she fits what you are looking for - and if you're looking for a "princess" type, then surely you'd know the detail you're asking?

Posted

Are her parents of a royal *** line?  That's usually a sign you're dealing with a Princess

Posted
So if I asked for someone to define a little does that mean I have the same motive of trying to shoehorn her into something? Or what if I ask for a description of a brat? I'm not trying to shoehorn a potential. As I've said, I have my suspicions.
But if my question is too hard to answer then I understand.
But if we can define brats, slaves, and littles then perhaps there's hope for a princess description. On another note, any good sources for BDSM terms?
Posted

Something as well with any of the roles - be it something like a sub, a brat, a little - none of these are hiveminds.

Princess is a bit more of an honorific which I've seen used by both subs and Dominants.

The logical thing whatever you think she might be or she thinks she might be or whatever is to have a conversation to see if what she wants and you can offer are compatible. 

Posted
If you have 'suspicions' that she may fit that 'role' then I would suggest that you have at least an inkling of what it entails?considering that there's little (that I've seen) on Fet about this role why not share what your understanding of it is?
I've seen it used by both sides of the slash so my own view would be that it has different meanings for different people.
I'm not really one for labels so agree with the above, why not just get to know her, submission will look like different things in different circumstances with different people
Posted
Reading the comments, I understand Princess can have different meanings for different people, but wonder what the common trait is?. Example, Submissive is being submissive, and Brats likes to be little naughty . I always thought Princess was similar like a Little, but very, very girly.🤔
Posted
8 hours ago, kiseu said:

Reading the comments, I understand Princess can have different meanings for different people, but wonder what the common trait is?. Example, Submissive is being submissive, and Brats likes to be little naughty . I always thought Princess was similar like a Little, but very, very girly.🤔

yes and kinda no

Princess is a honorific rather than a role.  

So from the right of the slash, I've met Princesses who are Brats, and those who being spoilt is a big part of the reward process and some who are a bit of both

To the left, again, there has been some who are overly girly, but then also some who are kinda bratty Domme but then also those who want higher protocol - it's also fairly common in Findom circles.   It's more of a title that the person feel fits them, than any form of definition, umbrella or otherwise.

Equally - even if there was a more narrow definition, if someone is new/inexperienced they may well still be finding their feet anyway

Posted

like, I am sorry there isn't a black and white answer to this

But, like, you can turn down someone to your 'house' you don't have to accept any or every one - and - regardless of what titles, roles or honorifics someone says they are, or you think they are - a conversation about how this benefits either of you is always the right way to go

Posted
Eyem, thank you. From reading your comments, I saw the most common thing is "honorific". This was a very interesting topic, because it's not often discussed, and gave me a great idea.👍😈