How to NOT post a Personal Ad on the Forum.

Posted

So, as a moderator, my job is to approve the posts that you see here. There are many, many you never see because they break the rules. Most of these are posts that simply read like a personal ad. So, here's my guide to posting without falling into the personal ad trap. 

1. Avoid writing a list of your requirements. 

2. Don't add the words 'any women/men in my area want to do this to/with me?' 

3. Keep it general! Want to find someone into your kink? Then start a post about your kink which encourages discussion. Ask who else is into it, What people enjoy about it, ask people to tell you their best experiences etc...don't make it all about you. 

4. Don't ask for interested women/men to message you...this not only will get a new post rejected it will get comments removed as off topic. The forum is for discussion in the open, not soliciting messages for your inbox.

5. Do give some detail about yourself...but don't list your 'attributes' any mention of measurements, hair/eye colur, height etc will get your post removed as it's clear you're simply advertising yourself, not interested in spurring discussion. 

For example, it's fine to say 'I'm really tall and I like to be submissive, how do I get people to see past my size?' but saying 'I'm really tall, with wide shoulders and a butt that is begging to be beaten...are you the Domme who can do that for me?' is not. 

If you want to post a personal ad, then go for it. Head to the Dating section and write out your ad. That's the right place for it, not the forum! 

Any questions...ask away! 

Posted
So many fail to understand the basic principles and requirements. To me this shows desperation.
Asianandwhite
Posted

Couldn't access the rules section before it would so unavailable web page glad it's been posted in a comment 

Posted

there's some stuff that I think is a little "rookie mistake" - but then some stuff which is either disrespectful (mass bumping of posts), manipulative (starting a thread with the intent on PMing responders) and of course, coming over as desperate is a weak trait.  

Posted
9 hours ago, Asianandwhite said:

Couldn't access the rules section before it would so unavailable web page glad it's been posted in a comment 

It seems okay now, the guidelines are at the top of the page, next to the search box