Static Vs Dynamic Rope

Te****

Posted
What types of rope do people prefer in rope bondage? Static ropes with no stretch or dynamic ropes that often stretch 10% of the overall length.

Personally I prefer to tie my subs (or be tied) in static ropes and like dynamic ropes to be used for suspension/partial suspension positions.
On one hand the dynamic has a bit of give but it seems easier to create pulleys etc.
Posted
I'm horrible I use whatever I have on hand, cords, rope, clothes, if it restricts I'm for it
Posted
The best rope to use is natural jute. Dynamic rope can tighten and seriously hurt your rope bunny. Do a little true research or you will wind up hurting or killing someone
Posted
Climber or a rope access tech...as mr Jim says, natural jute, I can’t imagine how long it would take to cut your bunny free with dynamic or static (FYI, static rope doesn’t exist, it still has around five percent of elongation...even steel cable stretches)
Posted
Is this even a question? Open discussion is fantastic. Due diligence should be a requirement before asking.
Posted
What kind of rope do you mean when you say static or dynamic rope? Do you mean nylon, jute, cotton, silk? Maybe you should be more specific.
From what I understand different types of rope are better for different types of ties. Also the thickness of the rope should be taken into account as well.
Posted
I like to use rope for repelling it's dont stretch that much i leaves nice marks and It's not uncomfortable when suspending or so I've been told
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
You should never tie with inner core rope. The rope can tighten on the inside putting pressure on nerves, potentially leading to permanent damage. (See websites like agreeable agony or groups like the love of shibari on face book.) When it comes to texture silk, cotton, and jute are your main ropes that should be used. Also generally speaking suspension work should be done with primarily jute rope.
  • 1 month later...
Posted
I always use dynamic ropes, you can easily measure preferable tension and leaves not much mark on skin, so I can use it everyday without too much aftercare needed