How to deal with rejection?

purplepie

Posted
3 hours ago, SeekerJ said:

If you're not failing, you're not trying. Failure is the best teacher and motivator. 

I'm not sure that "failing" is the correct word. Rejection is not failure - rejection is an indication that the advance was made in the wrong direction. That's a lesson, not failure. 

As for your suggestion that "failure is a lack of effort" - think about a child learning to walk, they try repeatedly to stand and walk but fall down more than they actually achieve. But they keep trying, over and over again. Their inability to walk is not due to a lack of effort, it's due to a lack of knowledge on how to achieve their aim. 

Posted
8 hours ago, 4RCH said:

I'm not sure that "failing" is the correct word. Rejection is not failure - rejection is an indication that the advance was made in the wrong direction. That's a lesson, not failure. 

As for your suggestion that "failure is a lack of effort" - think about a child learning to walk, they try repeatedly to stand and walk but fall down more than they actually achieve. But they keep trying, over and over again. Their inability to walk is not due to a lack of effort, it's due to a lack of knowledge on how to achieve their aim. 

It’s completely subjective. For some, rejection might seem like failure. It’s just a word I substituted. 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
I prefer a direct rejection... maybe I'm weird but it is MUUUCH better than a # of other reactions
Posted
5 hours ago, KGBdahlink said:

I prefer a direct rejection... maybe I'm weird but it is MUUUCH better than a # of other reactions

So much better than being ghosted or ignored.

Posted
If it's a reasonable one cool. If it's a *** based response to things that someone did to hurt you... I struggle with that. I try not to have carry over from bad experiences but realize I do it too. I'll stay open but you probably won't get two chance to reject me or even do things that make me feel that way. No energy psychologically for all that
Posted
Thank them for not wasting your time, dude..
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I deal with rejection
My mind set is to just keep moving forward