The stripes of a tiger

Fa****

Posted

Love them or loathe them I have stretch marks all over my body, some barely visible just a whisper of a silvery line, some quite angry looking and big, and some a more subtle pink.

Somebody I’m very close to once said to me they were glad I had stretch marks and they didn’t as it was ok on my body but they’d hate it on theirs.

But here’s the thing, I LOVE my stretch marks. They’re my tiger stripes and I wear them as a badge of honour for a life lived - maybe not always well lived.

We get them for all sorts of reasons, weight gain, muscle gain, pregnancy, body development.

They’re like a road map of our lives and proof of our bodily changes, proof of our strength, proof that we’ve lived.

So yes whilst it would be interesting to flawless, honestly I wouldn’t give up my tiger stripes. They remind me how strong I am, how unique I am, how my body is different to every other body and what my body has endured.

Loathe mine at your peril because it is one of the things we will most certainly disagree about.

I’d love to highlight them with body ***t to make them really pop out (à la Naked Beach - if you haven’t seen it check it out), perhaps then I might feel comfortable enough to run around a dungeon naked!!

Love, 

X

Posted
I'm glad you love them, because like you said, they are a part of you. And honestly, stretch marks are sexy as hell.
Posted
Stretch marks, scars, imperfections and more are all what make each of us unique as individuals and are testament to lives lived, and really shouldn't matter when it's the person that wears them that does.