Wondering if doms even have manners anymore?

Posted

Even though I'm only 32 I was raised with manners like please and thank you. Sir and what not. I do occasionally say hun but I was raised in the South so it's not literally personal. It gets to me you see all these dominant and non-dominant with rude manners, no sense of respect, and then when you finally get sick of it and mouth off they act like it's not coming. I even say please and thank you even though I've been with my master / husband for 8 years. What is wrong with today's people?

Posted
There is nothing wrong with "today's people". Like any stereotype, there are those who act this way, but not everyone is like that. I am an extremely young Dominant, and I often get prejudged a certain way because of nothing more than the number of years I have been alive. And yet, from what people have told me, I have better manners than many older men. As I say, it's the stereotype situation. Not every Dominant is like that, but I will admit that we respectful Masters are few and far between
Posted
Dang straight you are. I am usually judged like the typical mil ya know lazy...until they realize how much work I do
Posted

I do think the Internet and social media has a certain influence. It is easy to connect with people through various media, but it also gives a certain "safety of anonymity". Unfortunately, some people take this as meaning that normal manners that you would observe in a face-to-face context do not apply. I always appreciate when people respond to a message, even if it is to say "thank, but no thank you".

Posted
6 hours ago, Carnelian2 said:

I do think the Internet and social media has a certain influence. It is easy to connect with people through various media, but it also gives a certain "safety of anonymity". Unfortunately, some people take this as meaning that normal manners that you would observe in a face-to-face context do not apply. I always appreciate when people respond to a message, even if it is to say "thank, but no thank you".

From a psychological aspect, you are completely right. It has also brought on social anxiety and what not.