Curious about mental BDSM

Nocturne

Posted

Hello,

I've heard some people here and there talking about mental BDSM, I'm not quite sure what to expect from it, but I'm very interested in learning more about it and hopefully trying it out sometime, is there anyone who knows some reputable learning resources, or who would like to share their own thoughts/experiences?

Either way, have a good day/night!

Posted
By mental BDSM are you meaning the mental aspect of the play sessions and the feelings etc. Then and there or specifically mindplay (hypnosis) as a kink?
Posted

Mental bdsm can take numerous forms. My personal interest in it leans more toward mind f**ks, and the buildup of lust and desire within someone. For me writing is cathartic, and I relish the opportunity to create erotic imagery with words for someone to pour over and get lost in. Captivating the mind and driving someone wild with lust is extremely enjoyable. The way you can tease and taunt the mind causing reactions across the body immensely gratifying. It’s the ultimate game of edging without ever touching someone.

Posted
By mental BDSM are you meaning the mental aspect of the play sessions or specifically mindplay as a kink?
Posted
I would suggest as new dom to mental kink learning how to seduce and submit a submissive with your voice or text is good start.

Before you start venturing out into the mental side of kink. I would recommend taking a general psychology course. It’s help you understand how people think.
Posted
42 minutes ago, CaradogBrody said:

By mental BDSM are you meaning the mental aspect of the play sessions and the feelings etc. Then and there or specifically mindplay (hypnosis) as a kink?

Mindplay specifically. I thought it was a bit different from hypnosis, though hypnosis is also something I'd like to try out!

Posted
46 minutes ago, sadistprimalsoul said:

Mental bdsm can take numerous forms. My personal interest in it leans more toward mind f**ks, and the buildup of lust and desire within someone. For me writing is cathartic, and I relish the opportunity to create erotic imagery with words for someone to pour over and get lost in. Captivating the mind and driving someone wild with lust is extremely enjoyable. The way you can tease and taunt the mind causing reactions across the body immensely gratifying. It’s the ultimate game of edging without ever touching someone.

That sounds amazing, thank you for your input.

Posted

I am finding this thread very intresting. My belief and talking to others would be online, it is alot more important to understand the mind. As the old saying goes, where the mind goes the body follows

Posted
14 minutes ago, MyHandsYourNeck said:

I would suggest as new dom to mental kink learning how to seduce and submit a submissive with your voice or text is good start.

Before you start venturing out into the mental side of kink. I would recommend taking a general psychology course. It’s help you understand how people think.

Aha, alright, thanks! I've personally always had a fascination with psychology, so hopefully that will be helpful then. 

Posted
This is going to be fun, and I'm especially curious about the answers ✌
Posted
27 minutes ago, Nocturne said:

Mindplay specifically. I thought it was a bit different from hypnosis, though hypnosis is also something I'd like to try out!

Ahh I see.
I entered the world of BDSM via hypnosis. For me BDSM has always been something that was enhanced by hypnosis you'd mix it in to enhance the surprise or anticipation or the ***.

Posted
1 minute ago, CaradogBrody said:

Ahh I see.
I entered the world of BDSM via hypnosis. For me BDSM has always been something that was enhanced by hypnosis you'd mix it in to enhance the surprise or anticipation or the ***.

Fascinating, do you have any resources you would recommend to learn about this? 

Posted
1 hour ago, Nocturne said:

Fascinating, do you have any resources you would recommend to learn about this? 

The Brainwashing Book by Sleepinggirl
Hypnosis for Beginners by William W Hewitt
Mind Play - A Guid to Erotic Hypnosis by Mark Wiseman and of course My Voice Will Go With You - Milton Erckson edited by Sidney Rosen

Posted
There’s a whole range of ‘mental BDSM’. From the mindset of the power exchange, control, ***, ***, positional roles, the realm of training, pet play, the list goes on.
Each of these fetishes and practices are 100% mental. Most of these take time to establish with a partner, and are to be treated carefully, as the last thing you want to do is hurt someone mentally. This is why boundaries, consent and safety are just as important with the mental elements as they are with the physical. Harm can be done.
That’s our two cents for what it’s worth,m. Hope it helps you move forward as you learn more about this in your journey.
Posted
3 hours ago, CaradogBrody said:

The Brainwashing Book by Sleepinggirl
Hypnosis for Beginners by William W Hewitt
Mind Play - A Guid to Erotic Hypnosis by Mark Wiseman and of course My Voice Will Go With You - Milton Erckson edited by Sidney Rosen

Great, thanks!

Posted
2 hours ago, DomandHisPurpleMinx said:

There’s a whole range of ‘mental BDSM’. From the mindset of the power exchange, control, ***, ***, positional roles, the realm of training, pet play, the list goes on.
Each of these fetishes and practices are 100% mental. Most of these take time to establish with a partner, and are to be treated carefully, as the last thing you want to do is hurt someone mentally. This is why boundaries, consent and safety are just as important with the mental elements as they are with the physical. Harm can be done.
That’s our two cents for what it’s worth,m. Hope it helps you move forward as you learn more about this in your journey.

That makes sense, one must never rush or be careless, thank you for your input.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
There is indeed a whole range, but I can perhaps provide an example of a little game I have used with my sub.
When we were apart she was told never to let her knees touch. I am not talking keeping her legs spread wide, it could be a fraction of an inch, as long as they were not actually touching.
The effect, she reported, was to keep “me” in her head constantly. Or rather, to keep our dynamic and our relationship front and centre even when we were occupied and not physically together.
I must add that this was something she wanted, indeed asked for, from our dynamic, and it worked perfectly for us. Mileage may wary, but perhaps it can provide others some ideas.
Posted
14 hours ago, oslo175 said:

There is indeed a whole range, but I can perhaps provide an example of a little game I have used with my sub.
When we were apart she was told never to let her knees touch. I am not talking keeping her legs spread wide, it could be a fraction of an inch, as long as they were not actually touching.
The effect, she reported, was to keep “me” in her head constantly. Or rather, to keep our dynamic and our relationship front and centre even when we were occupied and not physically together.
I must add that this was something she wanted, indeed asked for, from our dynamic, and it worked perfectly for us. Mileage may wary, but perhaps it can provide others some ideas.

That sounds wonderful, would love to try that, I'll keep it in mind, pun not intended, and see whether I do something with it... Thanks for the suggestion!