Capacitism or borderless world in BDSM?

Posted
I'm deaf, but I want to know and experience BDSM. What do you think about that?
Posted
I wear hearing aids, so depends on your hearing loss and what you think the issues will be. It shouldn't stop you experiencing it. It doesn't stop me
Posted
I think it's amazing. BDSM isn't just for hearing people, it's for everyone.
Posted
A previous Dom of mine was blind, with no sight (often legally blind people have some element of vision) and we communicated each others needs clearly to each other. We were both prepared to put in the time and effort needed to make the relationship work and we were both rewarded. We used a lot of sensory play and made sure signals were clear.
Posted
I get angry when I'm feeling judged or ignored. But experiencing BDSM, even a little, never stops me. Don't you?
Posted
I'm sure I'm not only one that wondered: "What is this happening to me?"
Posted
20 minutes ago, AlbertRigger said:

I get angry when I'm feeling judged or ignored. But experiencing BDSM, even a little, never stops me. Don't you?

I don't get angry, sometimes frustrated as I may have to ask people to repeat things if I didn't catch them clearly.  The biggest issue for me is that it makes it harder to experience munches and clubs due to the high level of background noise that makes it tough to hear the person I want to talk to.

Posted
4 minutes ago, UK_Knight said:

I don't get angry, sometimes frustrated as I may have to ask people to repeat things if I didn't catch them clearly.  The biggest issue for me is that it makes it harder to experience munches and clubs due to the high level of background noise that makes it tough to hear the person I want to talk to.

Thanks you

Posted
I don’t think it should affect anyone’s BDSM lifestyle or journey as adjustments can be made to ensure you and your partner have safe and enjoyable experiences.
Posted
Nothing is stopping you. Use tap outs instead of verbal safe words. Also I serve many goddesses who have come here from around the world. I fine even when I don’t understand a verbal command, my head being grabbed and moved or a foot pushing me down or a paddle beating me repeatedly helps me overcome any verbal misunderstandings.
Posted
Make a sign or something on your hands or objects and try signals that both of you are paying attention to o.o
Posted
Me personally if I’m with a partner who is gagged I tend to have them tap me on the top of the head or anywhere really to get my attention. I feel like that’s a way you could have safe play. Of course with any play between any people communicating is key and figuring out a way to make each other comfortable should be a priority.
Posted
I miss the metaphors, or your meaning... I'm dense sometimes.
Posted
Go for it why not
Posted
I had a friend who has a deaf co worker they work at a packaging plant so its kinda noisy, they gave him a small but strong flashlight for him to hold up and shine at the controller or floor coordinator if he needs something, he took to wiggling it so they would see it kinda strobe.

worked pretty well for him, perhaps something similar would work for you. Maybe get a small headlamp style flashlight and use the band to secure it in your hand then just click it on for a pause ro communicate and then maybe click it over to red or strobe if you need a hard stop or need to be unbound.
Posted
Sure why not!! Your safe word can be a safe sign! ❤️I got this!
Posted
Sensory impairment dosen't hinder BDSM if anything it makes it more interesting, it can definitely work. The use of communication becomes more in-depth and I guess you develop a better relationship with the other part of your dynamic. My ex was deaf and It definitely didn't stop us.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
May 24, TheForbiddenFruit said:
Sure why not!! Your safe word can be a safe sign! ❤️I got this!

A safe sign is a good thing and not uncommon either! I like this

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
June 4, FollowTheBunny said:

A safe sign is a good thing and not uncommon either! I like this

You're right!