Abr

Justme82

Posted

Does anyone know where to learn about being a mummy and breastfeeding her baby. How to start lactating? 

Posted

Not everyone is capable of breastfeeding but there is such a thing as dry feeding (where you don't produce milk but still let someone suckle).

You could just google for tips/help, hormones can  help, some pumps may help you, or you may be lucky like me and produce milk easily just from any breast/nipple stimulation off a guy.

But basically the more regular you feed the more likely you are to start producing milk and good quantities of it. Make sure when they latch on it is not ***ful, but do also expect some nipple (and maybe breast) ***s when your milk comes in. I would describe the *** as a mild stabbing/pricking in my nipples that lasts a few days then goes. It's  not pleasant for me but also not agony and i can cope with it.

My recommends is to do it at some time and in a position that is relaxing for you. You can do it in all kinds of positions too, i like to be on my side with him facing me and cradle him so he can reach and suckle easily and comfortably, but there are all kinds of positions you can try out.