Soulmated

Posted

Do you believe  in a love so fierce they take your breath away everytime you seem them. You would go to the ends of the earth for Them just for a smile.

Does that kind of love even exist or is it only in stories

Posted

I think we possibly feel we'd do anything for someone - but then there's always an ask or need we can't...  

One of the problems with movies is a lot do kinda play onto some negative tropes - the guy who does some overblown thing to 'win' the girl, actually it's usually creepy/stalker behaviour.

Posted
Half way through senior school I fell in love with one of the girls in my year group, and to this day I still love her
Posted
3 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I think we possibly feel we'd do anything for someone - but then there's always an ask or need we can't...  

One of the problems with movies is a lot do kinda play onto some negative tropes - the guy who does some overblown thing to 'win' the girl, actually it's usually creepy/stalker behaviour.

I completely  agree

Posted
Love is like nature. Its beautiful and powerful but it has its moments. There are moments of calm and moments of storm and moments of hurricane. If you're expecting something that will always be good and to always feel that way you will be disappointed. Life throws a lot of shit to us. Not everything is easy to cope. By you and/or your partner. I do believe there has to be a type of unconditional love for something to last till the end, exactly because of this. When I think about all the shit that I did and all the things I've been through.. my parents were there through it all. Good and bad. That's the kind of love I mean you need to find and BUILD with another person.. but it's a process and not an easy one..
Posted
It pleases me to think so. It excites me to imagine a future like that. We know life takes over but why not indulge your romantic side and let your toes curl and enjoy the butterflies. For as long as it lasts drown in the joyfulness.
Posted

Soulmates exist...

I know they do. Ive met them.

Sometimes its only for a short while, sometimes years, sometimes if youre really lucky, a lifetime.

You connect on a level that you cant explain, like your very atoms are connecting, a fusion of souls.

Time by Bens Brother.

A second, a minute, an hour, a day and its gone
Little by little it fritters away try as you may you can never replace it
A moment of beauty you stumble upon,
As long as you treasure whatever it is, whatever it is could never be
wasted

So if we all turn to dust
Better to've loved and lost
Cos everything has a cost

So if you're gonna spend time
Spend it upon me
Spend it up on me
Just give me your time
I don't want your ***

I'd crawl then I'd walk then I'd run but then I'd stumble and fall
Somewhere between the love and the lust
I tried my best I was maladjusted
And I'm not saying that I know it all
Maybe I'm a little more self-aware
Still get scared but I've learned to trust it

So when it comes to us
I've weighed up all the odds
I bet that this is love

Spend it upon me
Spend it up on me
Just give me your time
Don't take it from me

I know hard it is
Getting it right
At a time like this
So you'd better believe
Believe
How right it could be

Spend it upon me
Spend it up on me
Just give me your time
I don't want your ***

Posted

Yes. Don't get me wrong it is phenomenally rare, yet it can happen.

Love is a strange thing. We are a messy hotbed of hormones and other chemicals wired together by connections the body's biology physiologically forms itself. Now that may at first seem a very clinical way of looking at feelings, but it is simply the science behind what we feel.

I don't believe that we have a single "soul mate" or that anybody is perfect, but I do believe that in our lifetime (if we are lucky) we might encounter one, two, or even a few people who are perfect for us. When we recognise those people it is a blessing and a gift. Those connections our bodies forge go into overload, and the love flows in a way we could never have even imagined before. They not only take your breath away, but you feel starved of breath without them. Yet the love remains unconditional. It comes from a place of true understanding, not one of *** where jealousy can grow. Their smile is your world; you want to know how their day went each and every day, good and bad, and share their burden when it is bad. Your connection is complete because you know however bad things get they will always be there and understand, as you will for them. Your security with one another is unquestionable, for you both feel it.

I am not even certain most stories and writers get it; romantic fiction seems to be more concerned with whimsical crushes and idealistic notions than genuine authentic connections. It exists though. You cannot *** it, but if you create the opportunities it may find you.

Posted

Couldnt agree more..

(Though is it really just science? Chemical reactions?)

I love people, kinda, actually i like finding out about people but really connect with? Not many. Very few people make my heart race, there are very few who get in my head enough to spark that interest but when that connection is forged its permenant.

"But if you create the opportunities it may find you" 

Absolutely!

Posted
32 minutes ago, LazyPiratesBounty said:

"(Though is it really just science? Chemical reactions?)"

Not just that no. What I mean to say is that, love and our disposition to it, the recognition of that other "soul", these things enhance and accelerate the connections/reactions our body can make. Break the cap on it, if you like, allowing us to feel more than we otherwise might with somebody else.

I am typically curious about people too. If I go to a cafe or such I prefer a window-seat partly so that I don't feel so enclosed but mostly so that I can people-watch. It has been the same with some online interactions in the past, I have continued conversing with people I know are fake almost out of some manner of behavioural study. Psychology was my first love at college, I was top of my year before I dropped it. I don't think my tutors were terribly impressed 😂

Posted

Uh huh..

We are the people sat at the edge, observing, pondering, learning.. I find it utterly fascinating. 

I love watching interactions, irl and online. Absolutely LOVE when you "click" with someone.. when you bounce off each other.

I love the variety, seeing things through a prism. How people see things, how someone can be an angel for one yet a demon for another.

Posted
2 hours ago, LazyPiratesBounty said:

Couldnt agree more..

(Though is it really just science? Chemical reactions?)

I love people, kinda, actually i like finding out about people but really connect with? Not many. Very few people make my heart race, there are very few who get in my head enough to spark that interest but when that connection is forged its permenant.

"But if you create the opportunities it may find you" 

Absolutely!

I find connecting with ppl rare as well but I  love it when it happens. People fascinate me though. I love when I  can connect  with someone on a deep level

Posted
3 hours ago, purrfectpanther said:

It pleases me to think so. It excites me to imagine a future like that. We know life takes over but why not indulge your romantic side and let your toes curl and enjoy the butterflies. For as long as it lasts drown in the joyfulness.

Everyone says I  dream too much. Maybe I  do but it is where I  find peace

Posted
4 minutes ago, SweetPea1984 said:

Everyone says I  dream too much. Maybe I  do but it is where I  find peace

Dont ever, ever stop dreaming!

Sometimes dreams come true.

Posted
On 7/18/2019 at 7:04 AM, DanteReign said:

Half way through senior school I fell in love with one of the girls in my year group, and to this day I still love her

Awwwww 

• 1 year later...
Posted
On 7/18/2019 at 1:53 AM, Aranhis said:

Their smile is your world; you want to know how their day went each and every day, good and bad, and share their burden when it is bad. Your connection is complete because you know however bad things get they will always be there and understand, as you will for them. Your security with one another is unquestionable, for you both feel it.

Love this! Thank you for sharing your words. This sits well with my heart! 

Posted

I think I’ve only been in love like that once in my life but I think we probably have a few soul mates rather than the one. I have casual friends and then the friends I’d take a bullet for. I’d consider them part of my soul mate group too 😉

Posted
2 hours ago, PetiteSub007 said:

Love this! Thank you for sharing your words. This sits well with my heart! 

Awww! You're welcome! It puts a smile on my face to know my words have had a positive impact 😊

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2019 at 6:21 AM, SweetPea1984 said:

Do you believe  in a love so fierce they take your breath away everytime you seem them. You would go to the ends of the earth for Them just for a smile.

Does that kind of love even exist or is it only in stories

Not wanting to show off but I have this kind of love AND it is actually in my stories as well!!

🔓👑🔓

Edited by METALSIR
edit