Reading profiles

Wo****

Posted

One thing that I've found being on here, there are a LOT of people that don't read profiles.

Why, oh why, the hell not?

Posted
Laziness? I've had three women who visit my page (so you would assume had read it) in the two weeks since I joined who promptly messaged striking up a conversation looking to make me their sub. If they had read, they would know that wasn't at all for me, but then why visit if you're not going to read? Are they just stepping briefly onto pages so they can take pot luck messaging as many guys as they can? What sort of Dom/me does that? I've sent a few messages out but when I have I've been selective. Similarly I've also been engaged in conversation with people here who after a while (and having visited my profile a couple of times) then asked me what I'm into. Like, is that huge freaking list not enough of an indicator?? It's even very politely separated into things I like and things I'm curious about (as most profiles here ought to be), so there ought to be little grey area and plenty of potential conversation starters. I do feel that, with regard to guys, this harks back to something I've said on another thread. Not everybody here is authentic. I'm not saying all the women by default are either, but there is a toxic masculinity culture which teaches entitlement whilst promoting poor standards of education and respect. When a certain demographic can get access to a site like this for free they feel it's an excuse to behave how they like. They don't care about the content of their target's profiles nor how they feel, simply about how they will be able to get their next lay or bit of online fun. To answer your question in short, they don't read profiles because those ones aren't here to take any aspect of this community or site seriously.
Posted

I think a mixture of desperation, arrogance and entitlement

that perhaps it's the throwing darts at the wall to see if any stick

the assuming that things read don't apply to them... or... that they can change you

or even of course a sense they think they're better than a current partner (I have had this issue with some guys in stuff with filming - that they feel they should have opportunities I've had because they see themselves as better)

it's not really exclusive to one site, but, yeah, a big issue.

Posted

of the ladies who contact out the blue asking to be your sub.... they're potentially bots or scammers - I think if someone who'd been on here a while made an approach it'd be a totally different kettle of fish than a newly created profile

mind, happen if you look over your messages again you may well find these ladies have since been banned or going through an auth check.... I think the one who amused me the most was using photos of one of my best friends!

Posted
1 minute ago, eyemblacksheep said:

of the ladies who contact out the blue asking to be your sub.... they're potentially bots or scammers - I think if someone who'd been on here a while made an approach it'd be a totally different kettle of fish than a newly created profile

mind, happen if you look over your messages again you may well find these ladies have since been banned or going through an auth check.... I think the one who amused me the most was using photos of one of my best friends!

One seemed dodgy and bot-like although had been around for almost a year with some recent visible activity, I flagged it anyway and the profile did get banned.

The other two may have been scammers but I've dealt with a lot of those on other sites/apps and often have a lot of fun with them, these weren't remotely pushy or asking for anything at all although it is possible. They're both still members looking at my inbox; it was just a case of a bit of amicable chitter-chatter then conversation pretty much stopping dead once my being Dom came up. Perhaps a part of me is still too naive and innocent?😂 I didn't mind them disappearing, stops my time being wasted.

Posted
It’s like picking up a magazine & flicking through the pictures for a quick mindless fix. It’s just rude! (& not in a perverted way)
Posted

It annoys me no end!! 😡

Clearly states in my profile that I’m in an exclusive D/s relationship and not looking for another Dom or sub but still I get DAILY messages asking me to be their Mistress or something 🙄

Posted

I just don't get it.

It's the first thing I do. I love reading the profiles. How do you know if you want to chat to someone without reading about them?

Starting a chat can be hard, read the profile and maybe connect with something, can make it so much easier.

I've had generic mass messages (they just get deleted (I'm not a raffle prize)

Messages asking me to Domme.. (I'm an owned sub)

The "everyone here is fake, let's meet"

Cock pics as an intro, requests for cyber, pics, meets etc

Bottom line if you CBA to read my profile then I cba to engage with you on any meaningful level.

Posted

It's a lot of pressure approaching someone you don't know and hoping to attract their attention. 

I specifically ask for messages not spanks in my first line. Guess what I get?

I'm happy if someone at least knows someone who can read. 

I find a ten ton polar bear breaks the ice.

Posted
It’s very few and far between people actually reading profiles. Mine currently says I’m not chatting yet I still get people on the daily sending me messages and trying to chat me up 🤷🏼‍♀️🙄🤦🏼‍♀️
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I pay close attention to what the profile says. It's important to know what everyone's likes and dislikes are. 

If a person is not willing to read the profile then it's a lack of communication and disloyal because they assume everything or ask everything when it's on the profile. 

I find it a lack of disrespect and it's a real shame. I try my very best to read a profile who I maybe interested in. 

I tried to be a slave and this profile states "I do not ask for ***." The master wanted I go to the shop and buy a steam card for her. I was not allowed to talk back or anything so I blocked. That put me off from becoming a slave as I felt there was no trust and I felt angry and hurt. 

So I do not want to be a slave but could I be a dom? I'm not sure. 

Posted
4 hours ago, Mature-Freak said:

I tried to be a slave and this profile states "I do not ask for ***." The master wanted I go to the shop and buy a steam card for her. I was not allowed to talk back or anything so I blocked. That put me off from becoming a slave as I felt there was no trust and I felt angry and hurt. 

I think there's nothing wrong with gifts or elements of financial servitude but there has to be a question within yourself where you know who you are buying for and, well, why... chances are it was a guy just after steam credit.

4 hours ago, Mature-Freak said:

So I do not want to be a slave but could I be a dom? I'm not sure. 

It's quite a bound.... I'd probably have a think about what exactly you are into and what you can do/offer.