HOW DOES AGE INFLUENCE FETISHES?

bb****

Posted

I think there's a lot which doesn't just come down to age.

I mean, some stuff there is age correlation - for example - older subs more likely to be into caning.  Partially because a lot of school-based fetishes are very common (it's where people go through puberty for the first time) and of course for older generations in some territories caning was a big part.   And, a little - for many, the only thing to ***! 

But aside from this a lot depends not just on someone's age, but when they first started interacting with the kink world, and where.

Someone who is 50 who is exploring the kink world for the first time is going to have a very different experience to someone who is 50 who started in the early 2000s, or early 90s.

Pre-internet a lot varied wildly by territory which is a big factor - and the internet, especially it's early days, brought a lot of ideas together.  So for example protocol was a big part of the 90s, equally a lot of Gor-lifestylers (even if some didn't realise that stuff they were being told was some 'ancient tradition' was actually just from a comic book) came into kink around then 

And a lot of ideas pass down, but then also a lot has come full circle and a lot of people coming into kink now are more hedonistic or fetishist than strict D/s - which there's nothing wrong with. A big failure in the past has been people thinking they HAVE to be sub (or Dom) and act in a certain way if they want to do certain things they enjoy 

I think it's important to always try to avoid any form of young v old - even though it is often inevitable; we are all ultimately part of the same community and how one person does things rarely harms someone else. 

Posted
I've noticed a lot of young woman in my experience ) nowadays jump on the financial domination.
Posted
46 minutes ago, Pulsesubzero said:
I've noticed a lot of young woman in my experience ) nowadays jump on the financial domination.

I have also noticed this is far more prevalent than has ever been the case. Something to keep in mind is a great deal of these are fake used as fronts for criminal activity and extortion.

Posted
52 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I think there's a lot which doesn't just come down to age.

I mean, some stuff there is age correlation - for example - older subs more likely to be into caning.  Partially because a lot of school-based fetishes are very common (it's where people go through puberty for the first time) and of course for older generations in some territories caning was a big part.   And, a little - for many, the only thing to ***! 

But aside from this a lot depends not just on someone's age, but when they first started interacting with the kink world, and where.

Someone who is 50 who is exploring the kink world for the first time is going to have a very different experience to someone who is 50 who started in the early 2000s, or early 90s.

Pre-internet a lot varied wildly by territory which is a big factor - and the internet, especially it's early days, brought a lot of ideas together.  So for example protocol was a big part of the 90s, equally a lot of Gor-lifestylers (even if some didn't realise that stuff they were being told was some 'ancient tradition' was actually just from a comic book) came into kink around then 

And a lot of ideas pass down, but then also a lot has come full circle and a lot of people coming into kink now are more hedonistic or fetishist than strict D/s - which there's nothing wrong with. A big failure in the past has been people thinking they HAVE to be sub (or Dom) and act in a certain way if they want to do certain things they enjoy 

I think it's important to always try to avoid any form of young v old - even though it is often inevitable; we are all ultimately part of the same community and how one person does things rarely harms someone else. 

If I may add to your observations, having been active myself since early 2000s, I have also seen a (positive) change in attitudes towards kink. Many seem far less hung up on labels and defined roles, which I also believe to be a positive and healthy evolution. There is a place for us all, and our nuances are what keeps our community fresh and inclusive.

Posted
One thing I have noticed is, dommes are usually over the age of 45 and younger women generally tend to be subs. I actually prefer a domme to be over 45, there's just something very sexy about an older and dominant woman.
Posted
1 hour ago, Deviant_Ric said:

If I may add to your observations, having been active myself since early 2000s, I have also seen a (positive) change in attitudes towards kink. Many seem far less hung up on labels and defined roles, which I also believe to be a positive and healthy evolution. There is a place for us all, and our nuances are what keeps our community fresh and inclusive.

I think a lot of the change in attitudes has been a big boost.

it's not all plain sailing, but it's certainly now... easier... 

I guess also another thing - I remember when I first tried to get into kink - a lot of info was sparse.  There wasn't so many websites that were about information, and also - well - I didn't have internet at home so could only access the internet at college which, of course, had many sites blocked

So the availability of information does make things rather different 

Posted
I’d like to say I’m not this person but many my ages bracket see kink as financial not the genuine interest. Men and women! Then there comes maturity I had to grow up quick for my age and hence why my friends are all 36+yrs old. I can’t cope with immaturity hence why I prefer older people. But with kink you need maturity to understand risks with some kinks and to be respected what I find is a struggle with most in their 20s.
Posted
As I got older I let go of all my inhibitions about what turned me on , I came to the conclusion you are who you are and fighting against it is pointless , so enjoy your kinks and have fun ,
Posted
I haven’t found much difference to be honest, except the obvious life experience which comes with age. Male subs age 20s to 50s can be equally as varied. From very inexperienced to having had lots of play. Very excited and keen or very nervous and tentative. Wanting to try everything it wanting to try specific things. I can’t say age is a defining factor.
Posted
Fetishism has got better with age... experience grows .....age is absolutely not a factor in the BDSM world - Mental maturity is an important element..
Posted
I don’t have much to say on this but for the typical sexual kink discussed in person such as boobs and ass. I noticed the younger generation tends favor asses more than tits. Other obscure kinks like nail fetishes tend to cater to the older generation but haven’t seen the younger generation say much of it. The older generation are also much knowledgeable of it too. Also even popular kink like BDSM seems to be an online sensation because in person I never heard anyone mentioned of it other than being a trope in medias.
Posted

I feel a lot of the financial stuff is very interesting - in the sense that, the majority who 'offer' it are younger ladies.

But the actual younger ladies in kink communities - well, they don't refuse to let people sit with them without a drink or so on.  It's very different in online/offline

Equally the people paying are mostly (but not exclusively) men - but over a variety of ages and situations.

For some on either side it is a gateway into kink, for others it's the only venture.  But still kinda is kink, because there's elements of dominance, control, ***, discipline, etc.    

Posted
20 minutes ago, GeneGrey said:
I don’t have much to say on this but for the typical sexual kink discussed in person such as boobs and ass. I noticed the younger generation tends favor asses more than tits. Other obscure kinks like nail fetishes tend to cater to the older generation but haven’t seen the younger generation say much of it. The older generation are also much knowledgeable of it too. Also even popular kink like BDSM seems to be an online sensation because in person I never heard anyone mentioned of it other than being a trope in medias.

Completely agree with this. I hardly ever hear subs wanting breast worship. They mostly aren’t interested in breasts. Far more interested in ass worship. Such a shame! Breasts are very sensual.

Posted
4 hours ago, kinkybitchsc said:

I’d like to say I’m not this person but many my ages bracket see kink as financial not the genuine interest. Men and women! Then there comes maturity I had to grow up quick for my age and hence why my friends are all 36+yrs old. I can’t cope with immaturity hence why I prefer older people. But with kink you need maturity to understand risks with some kinks and to be respected what I find is a struggle with most in their 20s.

Do men really do this ? Most men struggle to get a reply. I imagine men don't do well with this. 

Posted
The older I’ve gotten the kinkier I’ve gotten for one simple reason - every day is a day closer to death and when you’re young you don’t notice these things but when you get older and your classmates pop off into the afterlife you become more acutely aware of time and think “ok so tomorrow i might be dead …”
Posted
Helps usher in certain headspaces in more readily... no?
Posted
The older a person the more don’t afraid to express themselves, fetishes are part of human nature. People like to hear someone’s deep pleasure and moaning under ***.
Posted
Yeah. Also with age I as a Dom also became more confident creative and firm with my BDSM ideas AND have a lot more *** to invest than in my ***s and 20s not least of which is a bigger living situation
Posted
“ ‘In my youth’ said the sage, as he shook his grey locks, ‘I thought it might injure the brain. But now I am perfectly sure I have none, why I do it again and again.’ “ Lewis Carroll
Posted
I love a older woman who knows what she wants and needs
Posted
I have found that kink and fetishes tend to always grow with age I use to think I was kinky until I look back 25 years or so ago and think to myself if I would have met my future self I would have been like no way I would never do that but here I am killing it lol! And I am switch and I notice with younger players in the game the finesse longevity and experience it’s just not there. I have taught many younger doms and subs a lot and also I think the amount of time you’ve been into the lifestyle makes a tremendous difference. the only way we get better at anything we do is time, practice, experience and education !