seeking advice - terrifying situation by searching for a bdsm term online.

cael_ze

Posted

Hi, I am grateful to those who can give me some advice on this, more if you have some kind of experience. I also clarify that I am an adult with a clinical diagnosis of autism.

I heard the term "little space" yesterday. I did a google search and found sites like this one where everything was explained, no problem at all. This morning it occurred to me to search for the term on a famous adult video site, to see examples of interactions. The search sent me to a warning page. I understand that one of the words may be filtered out, but I don't understand why the two together, especially when that same page has a wellness blog where bdsm terms are discussed. I am very anxious and scared because on reddit some people were saying that by getting to that warning, now my ip could be flagged. Was that ***mongering?

I sent an email to the platform asking for clarification about the search and the consequences. I explained to them the same thing I explain here. I had no bad intention, I did not want to do an inappropriate search. Is this common outside bdsm community?

Thank you very much.

Posted
I know the site you are referring to. The thing is, it's a very mainstream site and, for legal reasons, want to stay clear of any misrepresentation. You should have nothing to worry about. There are other popular adult video sites that will cater to DDLG/little space and contain footage of only consenting adults engaged in role play, and therefore, it's totally legal.
Posted
Don’t worry one bit. Reddit is notorious for sewing that kind of worry and anxiety. You’re 100% okay.
Posted
To those curious about the text one gets, for "little space", I got this one:
----
Your search could be for illegal or abusive sexual material, including non-consensual intimate imagery (NCII) or image-based sexual *** (IBSA).
The recording and/or distribution of NCII may be a crime in the area where you reside, as well as in many other jurisdictions.
Actual or staged depictions of coerced or non-consensual sexual acts or the use of a person's likeness without their consent is not permitted on our site. We take image-based sexual *** and non-consensual intimate imagery very seriously. For more information about our policies related to NCII and IBSA, please visit our Trust and Safety Center.
If you are the victim, or have personal knowledge that an intimate image/video has already been shared on our site without consent, you can report it via our Content Removal Request Form, or to the police. Additional information regarding victim resources can be found through the Cyber Civil Rights Initiative.
----
The site then won't give any search results.