Star Trek?

ar****

Posted
So I've seen some profiles around that mention Star Trek as one of their limits. Does that refer to the old tv show/franchise, or is it some kind of reference to some kind of fetish? I think it's so random to mention a movie or series as a limit, as I reckon limits were more about kinky limits rather than media watching preferences?
Posted
Some ppl like cosplay as Star Trek so maybe it’s that 🤷🏻‍♂️
Posted
Star Trek would be one of my limits too. I mean I’m ok with a Star Wars movie or an episode of Battlestar Galactica, but to sit through a whole episode of James T Kirk?! I think not! 🤣
Posted
I've heard it comes from the motto, "To boldly go where no one (man) has gone before." The person maybe doesn't want someone with no BDSM experience.
Posted
Saw that earlier today, just assumed it was a joke. I hope it is anyway; DS9 is one of the best genre programmes ever made...
Purple_Rabbit
Posted
lol da fuq, i love star trek haha to watch that is. nothing else. S T . T N G the best

Posted
Star-trek terminology in the BDSM community means their hard limit is TNG= anyone under the age of 35 or the Next Generation of BDSM folk.
Posted

It's something that makes me smile in the sense we talk about communication being key and here's something with a few different theories - so obviously anyone doing this isn't good at communication ;)

Maybe they're just not into Borg-ies ?

or maybe, given the large geek/kink crossover they're saying they're not geeky?

maybe they're using it as an icebreaker in the hope people will ask?

Posted
13 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

It's something that makes me smile in the sense we talk about communication being key and here's something with a few different theories - so obviously anyone doing this isn't good at communication

Maybe they're just not into Borg-ies ?

or maybe, given the large geek/kink crossover they're saying they're not geeky?

maybe they're using it as an icebreaker in the hope people will ask?

Out of curiosity I did ask about it when I first came across it. Then I got blocked, so I wondered whether even mentioning it was a hard limit. Kinda strange.