Advice please?

Posted

I'm just starting out on my bdsm journey and have found a local munch but I'm scared to go. I'm 39 and a size 18 and I'm worried I'll stick out like a sore thumb. Am I too old for all of this? What can I expect at the munch? Any advice is greatly appreciated 

Posted

Hi Tallulah

Well - if your local munch is Sunderland, I'm one of the organisers!

So. I'm 37. There are ladies in their 40s and 50s.   My wife is also a size 18.  You'll fit right in!   Some of the other munches around here have different average ages - Durham for example is a student town - but, yeah.... you're not too old.

Posted
42 minutes ago, HotandsexyRebecca said:

What’s a local munch?

well in short a munch is a local event for kink people to meet in a less sexual environment. Munches in my neck of the woods are usually held at local gastro pubs or bars. Sometimes even just at a local eatry. Vs being held at local dungeons or house parties. Parties are usually to engage in actual BDSM acts where as munches are more like meet and greets.

Posted
7 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

Hi Tallulah

Well - if your local munch is Sunderland, I'm one of the organisers!

So. I'm 37. There are ladies in their 40s and 50s.   My wife is also a size 18.  You'll fit right in!   Some of the other munches around here have different average ages - Durham for example is a student town - but, yeah.... you're not too old.

Yes it was the Sunderland one I was looking at going. Thankyou so much for your reply. Now I just need to find the courage to go

Posted

if it helps - we're a relatively small munch - numbers fluctuate but it's been between around 5-12 a lot lately : this can be good or bad depending on your view point but it means it's easier not to get lost in a noise

we're usually in a little before 7.30pm and although the advertised start is 7.30pm we don't mind too much if someone is prompt or a little early before others start to arrive : you also wouldn't be felt badly towards if you were struggling and had to leave.