Primals and Spirituality

Posted

I'm neither an expert on primal play nor very experienced with spirituality, but I identify as primal and have had experiences I would describe as spiritual. And for me there seems to be an overlap between the two.
There are of course many different branches of spirituality, and some will probably argue that "reverting" back to primal energies and instincts is the opposite of reaching for that higher level of spiritual enlightenment. But the way I experience it, by getting in touch with that more natural side of myself, I move closer to nature itself and open myself up to the energies of nature.
It does feel very similar to the experiences I've had when I'm out hiking. A feeling of being part of or connected with nature and everything sort of blending into something bigger and filling/energizing me. As you may have guessed, my approach to spirituality is very much naturalistic/pantheistic.

So I'm curious, fellow primals. Are you into/curious about the spiritual, and have you had spiritual experiences related to being primal or primal play?

Posted
I had not heard of primal play before creating my account here, but the labels made me very curious. I am really glad to see your post about it because this gives me a better idea… and I think this sounds totally up my alley. I also have the same spiritual beliefs.
Posted
On 12/10/2023 at 10:52 AM, IdyllicSerpent said:

I had not heard of primal play before creating my account here, but the labels made me very curious. I am really glad to see your post about it because this gives me a better idea… and I think this sounds totally up my alley. I also have the same spiritual beliefs.

I'm glad to hear that you found it helpful. I didn't know about primal play either before signing up for a kink site, and even after learning about its existence, I had some difficulties finding good information about the topic (I don't know if it's gotten easier since then). Though I won't claim to be an expert, do feel free to drop me a message, if you have questions.