Question: Do we need a place to say Hi and make introductions?

PixieDust

Posted

I've noticed that lots of newbies introduce themselves on the forum and as result there are lots of individual forum posts.  Just wondering what others think about creating a pinned "Place to say Hi and make introductions"  Not sure how we go about it as such but just thought I would pose the question.........do we need an introduction page?

I just think it would be nice for newbies to have a place they can go straight to and say hi and its all contained within one Forum post.  What are your thoughts on this?

Posted

I do feel, despite the problems it sometimes brings, an "introduce yourself here" sticky/thread could be a good idea.

I've nudged your post to the mods

Posted

Great idea!

The introductions and welcome thread is the first one I look for on any forum..

Posted
There is a newcomers section on the site but that's mainly a search for newbies but the lobby once again is a good place for new people to introduce themselves there are usually a few old heads about to answer any questions etc
Posted
It is a great idea, only you need to make sure that it cannot be missed, otherwise newbies will not know that they can use it
Posted (edited)

I was considering posting something similar myself yesterday, I agree wholeheartedly.

I do understand people may want to say hi to everyone rather than just those who may come across their profile, but it can be disappointing seeing new posts and it's another hi from someone, especially when a couple of days later the profile has oftentimes been deleted..a designated area would clear the boards a little, and help stop more topic based posts slipping off.

I'm not sure if the newbies forum is the place though, my perception, which may well be wrong, is its aimed at newbies to the lifestyle rather than the site, one doesn't necessarily mean the other, though the blurb under the header does say introduce yourself, so perhaps admin already feel that they provide a space for hellos.. personally I'd put an introduction thread in the online munch forum.

Edited by MzJax
Posted

in my head

within the newbies forum an "Introduce yourself here" thread - designed for both new members and long term.     

It would need to be actively monitored so any comments that just go "hi" or "need a Mistress plzzzzzz" are removed.  

And, if anyone misses the thread and creates their own - then new forum posts need moderating anyone so the mod could just move to the thread

I guess exceptions that apply are the "I am new and actually I have a question / point of discussion / etc" but otherwise, yeah, a single thread for anyone that does just want to introduce themselves.    

Posted
4 hours ago, MzJax said:

I was considering posting something similar myself yesterday, I agree wholeheartedly.

Great minds think alike lol 

9 hours ago, LazyPiratesBounty said:

The introductions and welcome thread is the first one I look for on any forum..

Yes I am the same,  its always my first point of call,  so thought it was worth posing the question. 

1 hour ago, eyemblacksheep said:

It would need to be actively monitored so any comments that just go "hi" or "need a Mistress plzzzzzz" are removed.  

And, if anyone misses the thread and creates their own - then new forum posts need moderating anyone so the mod could just move to the thread

10 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I've nudged your post to the mods

I agree there would definitely have to be some form of monitoring and I guess that would be up to the mods if they are prepared to add more to their workload however I can seeing it being a win for all in the long term. 

Thank you for the nudge also and thank you to everyone else for your feedback.    I will follow it up further with the powers that be.  

Posted
Unless they put a sex bot or puzzle piece there, I'd never find it.
Posted

Hi all! following @PixieDust suggestion, we've now created a specific thread in the 'New to BDSM, Kink & Fetish?' forum.  It's pinned and featured at the top of the list and people are also reminded of the forum guidelines to avoid the tread getting 'spammy'.  The mods have all been updated. Thanks everyone for your feedback :)